Gngeo2x 0.6.12

Last edited by a moderator:
@Nekki:
Sorry i dont know where is your pb :(
Did you change manually something in one file ? (DAT,LNG,CFG)

@all
If someone have seen some bug, dont hesitate :)
Code:
v0.8.8 private (debug release)
-fix save error for system arcade || system console for CF file
-fix selector move bug beetween 11 to 19 roms in a list
-fix selector display when you have 0 rom in available list
-fix black screen lock when rage2x.dat or rage2x.lng is missing and display error message
-fix bug with --68kclock=0 in global config when another value exist in CF file
-fix bug with --z80clock=0 in global config when another value exist in CF file
-fix bug in windows slide when you press quickly SELECT
-fix bug display for CF info when a CF file exist but when one (or more) option line doesnt exist

Some issues I hope can be implemented in the future release:

- allow saving of highscores when using the "System - unibios" option

- option to enable or disable the memory card feature

- game issues: Metal Slug 3 now has dots all over the screen...

Well, I am at wits end. I have tried everything I possibly can think of, but Metal Slug X still will not run with graphics. Here's what I did:

1. Unzip the Gngeo archive to a folder on the SD card.

2. Unzip my Neogeo BIOS files into the "roms" folder.

3. Copy mslugx.zip and mslugx.gfx to the roms folder.

4. Run Gngeo and select Metal Slug X.

From here it loads and I see the Unibios screen. Afterward, I see the "giga power" BIOS screen, but NOT the Neogeo logo. The game comes up, but I cannot see the title screen at all...just the game stats (ie: power meters, mini Metal Slug logo..etc) I can hear the sounds, but not see the graphics. I tried a gfx file created with Gngeo itself, as well as a gfx file created with the latest dumpgfx. No go.

It DOES work fine with the 0.6.9 release as I stated earlier. The only thing I can possibly think of is that the dump I have is now incompatible for some odd reason. I scoured my archives and I do not have any smaller Metal Slug X roms (there are all the larger versions for the later Mame's), so it looks like I am out of luck when it comes to running the latest version.

Oh well, at least I can still play all of my games near perfectly with the older version.

And some Rage2x questions too:

Why is it that no matter WHAT I do, Rage2x insists the games run at 133mhz?? I tested previous versions, and it varies. I found that the only version that will run correctly (that is, run with the settings I choose...250mhz etc) is v0.5. Reading the release notes from there on, I see that underclocking to 150mhz was added in v0.5.1, and underclocking to 133mhz was released afterward. Well, I must be doing something seriously wrong with the frontend. Can anyone enlighten me?

AND, even if I choose to auto reload GUI, it never does. Am I exiting the game correctly for this to happen? I exit by right trigger + joystick push.

EDIT: I just tested Gngeo 0.6.11 in conjunction with Rage2x v0.5, and it seems to be the best combo for me. Metal Slug X works just fine (as does every other game I tested), and Rage2x loads back to GUI, everything is fast and tv-out works absolutely perfect. Guess I'll stick with these for awhile.

On a side not, I like how Rage2x v0.5 is layed out. Simple and to the point....nice to see the settings right there on the game select screen and the adjustments work just fine.

A quick glitch found. Using Unibios, sometimes, the volume levels will not go down even though the unibios volume indicator goes down, and it worked in earlier versions of GnGeo2x. Hmm...

For some reason Shocktroopers 1 + 2 don't dump - they have to create the files but after the dump they fail to initialise - they're rather big games mind (19.4mb, 28.5mb).

I noticed that it seems to pause/chop out more when spooling from the SD card on large ROMs now. has any of that code changed?

Back