Global Chip Shortage Threatens Production of Laptops, Smartphones and More

I thank thy thoughtful mercy to try toughing my thrashy text, and though my thrusted typing threw a t too much to the "no" I thought that's just one typo in my thousands and ought to be brought off as oft since my thickness thwarts my thirst of might for bright writ.

There's enough caring for chrome os to write an article like that? Never heard of anyone using it.
chrome os ? chips are for chromebooks. I once used a chromebook, but of course the first thing I did was wiping it out and installing gnu/linux-libre. Not super machines, little storage... but it was cheap second hand.
I have no idea of their market, I assumed they were used for company or school computers or bought personally to install whatever else on them. How many is that I have no idea.
I thought their verified boot idea was OK. I haven't followed on, though. I mean with more storage and no ties to the cloud they would be quite ok, depending on the SOC and its blobs. It wouldn't be chrome os any more, though...

There's enough caring for chrome os to write an article like that? Never heard of anyone using it.
Children's schools use it. To the point that my child does not use the PC laptop anymore, even though I put so much software on it.

Children's schools use it. To the point that my child does not use the PC laptop anymore, even though I put so much software on it.
That somehow feels like getting kids used to lingering in dark alleys at night - each on their own -, or to crossing the street with a VR headset on, or to practicing new dance moves on top of street lights, or to poking big angry dogs with sticks ...

I'm not sure what they mean by power chips, but these certainly aren't CPUs or RAM being made at 300nm. Many modern power supplies have the bridge rectifier which consists of four diodes operating at mains voltage replaced by an IC instead of four discrete power diodes these days, maybe it's that sort of thing, or you often see ICs in primary side sampling where LED power supplies take a separately wound feed off the transformer and presumably put a small load on the primary side to tune the voltage out of the secondary side of the transformer. Or maybe it's more about lithium battery charge controllers, which presumably wouldn't matter if they were built so big.

Back