Global Chip Shortage Threatens Production of Laptops, Smartphones and More

Linux-SWAT

Forum Addict!

This was obvious, as no volcano erupted...

Don't think this will have much impact on the OMAP5, since those are already sitting in a warehouse, but in case it does, I've got MacGyver's contact info, who knows how to make them using a lighter and sand.

Don't think this will have much impact on the OMAP5, since those are already sitting in a warehouse, but in case it does, I've got MacGyver's contact info, who knows how to make them using a lighter and sand.
macgyver-broke-down-unable-to-fix-his-own-car-35566348.png

You can always create your own chips, but you need some equipment and mostly some skills (like Sam):

Most countries create some form of microchips but there aren't many that produce the latest greatest (14nm or smaller).
Looks like the shortage is more on the lower-end then the high-end of chip production though.

For something so 'important' I think it's still weird that most of us rely on other countries to create these products.
It's very (very) expensive to create your own fab though, but it might still be worth it to have some.

Regarding vaccines containing (RFID) chips: even if they would add (traditional silicon) chips you can destroy those with an EMP.
I don't see why they would even make the effort though, just give everybody a mobile tracking devices like a mobile phone and have it tied to that person via fingerprint of facial recognition.
Then motivate them to do everything digitally so you can track and control everyone remotely without much effort.
Ah, there's where the shortage comes in to play... :oops:

Regarding vaccines containing (RFID) chips: even if they would add (traditional silicon) chips you can destroy those with an EMP.
Perhaps a naïve question, but what would an EMP do to ones brain/CNS?

Perhaps a naïve question, but what would an EMP do to ones brain/CNS?

I don't know the results for humans but a study on rats showed that multiple exposures to 200 kV/m would cause minor damage to veins in the brain. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/19725471/
And an article about if EMP could damage human brains: https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/could-certain-frequencies/
To summarize I don't think your body or brain function would be affected, but your body (skin for example) might get damaged just like a microwave could burn you.
I imagine it's the same as radio frequencies we use regularly (like your phone/wifi), those you don't notice either. And the EMP would usually be a single pulse.

Today there was a special about static electricity on LTT & ElectroBOOM! showing how much effort it takes to damage a chip with static electricity. They mention they use 10-20kV and parts are usually rated to withstand 2kV.
Chips in your body would probably we very small, else you would feel them inserted, but they are also in your body which would require more voltage.
Because they are so small it would also require them to be on the location they inserted them, else you couldn't read-out the value easily. Or they need a giant source to power the chip and very sensitive receiver to read-out it's value.
They probably would put the chip into your upper-arm, as usually that's the place vaccines are inserted. So reading them out would also be done at that location (how suspicious if you didn't know and some needs access to your upper arm).
Breaking the chip would then also be done at that location, you probably wouldn't even notice it happened and it wouldn't have any impact on your body.

Back