Global Chip Shortage Threatens Production of Laptops, Smartphones and More

Well yes, but until recently this thread was about a very specific part of the supply change; the fact that chip fabricators built capacity in the wrong places. There's no lithography involved in making a headphone port, so it can only be related in a rather handwavey 'it's all because of covid' reason.

Well, i have the Pyra in my Pocket, so the Global Ship Shortage dosnt means much for me.., at least until my Smartphone and Watch needs a replacement or i need a new car..

Reactions: rSl
Well, I wonder how easily chips, boards or devices could come to Europe anyway, with the Suez canal blocked. Hopefully the jam clears in a few days, but it would be so nice to have products manufactured closer to where they're used...

Yes its selfish, and the Global Ship Shortage also means that the FORD Car Factory in Saarloise cant make new cars which is bad for the economy in Saarland,

And it means EvilDragon will get trouble getting more CPUs for the next few 1000 Pyrae which is also bad for me..

I wonder, if the Suez canal blockage is causing the used keyboard I bought from an Irish guy to be stuck at Heathrow since Friday night.

@matzesu What Schiffknappheit are you talking about?

Back