git.openpandora.org: Please offer "Search through all projects"

porg

Sometimes I want to search for a certain keyword (such as a message string, file name, script name, etc) through the ENTIRE source code base of Pandora OS.

Would it be possible in git's web interface, to offer a SEARCH MODE INCLUDING ALL code projects?

Because sometimes I have no clue where to search for my string, and searching through all of them consecutively is quite cumbersome…

Well gitweb doesn't offer such functionality since it only works with one tree. What about using google search like this instead:

Code:
"OpenPandora Save and Restore LCD Settings" site:git.openpandora.org

• The Git web search, consecutively through all trees is cumbersome. I think there is consensus on this.
  • The Google git-domain-limited search, is at least some workaround, thanks for your helpfulness notaz. But it is "too general" (all trees, any arbitrary occurrence of that string) and on the other hand possible also misses some results, as not all strings (such as metadata) are exposed in the git HTML rendering.
  • The Git web search through all trees but with fine-grained search designators (commit, grep, author, commiter, pickaxe), this would be the best! This was so far always basic functionality of every issue/sourcecode tracker I ever used.

Back