Now I checked at my workplace on the TP-LINK router before mentioned, with power saving off (from Pandora System Info GUI!). The only change I noticed the connection speed went up from 5,5Mbit/s to 54Mbit/sec as for the Sys Info screen stated. But for anything else it didn't do a thing. Ping still fails ("Destination host ureachable...") to the wifi point i connect to. Heck it even gets the IP from the DHCP server what runs on the same router, but afaik this is a different story due to different protocols and bandwith usage... On the sys info's Network screen I do see some traffic up/down, but i think those are only little packets trying to desperately extablish connection. Hmm maybe I do some logging and post it here. See you!