Release Ginge

EvilDragon said:
DasFool said:
EvilDragon said:
Wow, gpSP runs perfect!

Just set scaling to 3:2 (without tearing fix), frameskip to no :)

It runs fullspeed :D
Are you using the Wiz or GP2X version?

WIZ. The gp2x had no tearing fix ;)
Alright, I'm running gpSP:Wiz thru Ginge, and it boots up fine, but once I select a game, it's kicking me out to the Ginge menu again. Any suggestions on why this is happening?

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:
jumpman said:
EvilDragon said:
DasFool said:
EvilDragon said:
Wow, gpSP runs perfect!

Alright, I'm running gpSP:Wiz thru Ginge, and it boots up fine, but once I select a game, it's kicking me out to the Ginge menu again. Any suggestions on why this is happening?

Chris

You have the BIOS there?
Does your installation work on the real WIZ?

Last edited:
I have the same problem when using the wiz version, however no probs with the gp2x file.

EvilDragon said:
jumpman said:
EvilDragon said:
DasFool said:
EvilDragon said:
Wow, gpSP runs perfect!

Chris

You have the BIOS there?
Yeah Ed, the Bios is there. I sold my Wiz awhile ago, but I'm sure it worked fine when I had it.

The GP2X version runs, but the game image is broke, and in 4 images, super freaky!

Chris

jumpman said:
EvilDragon said:
jumpman said:
EvilDragon said:
DasFool said:
EvilDragon said:
Wow, gpSP runs perfect!

Chris

You have the BIOS there?
Yeah Ed, the Bios is there. I sold my Wiz awhile ago, but I'm sure it worked fine when I had it.

The GP2X version runs, but the game image is broke, and in 4 images, super freaky!

Chris

Notaz already said how to fix the game image problem. Set the graphics setting to 3:2 scaled (software).

-God Ginrai

Cave Story/Doukutsu: Once I enter Chaco's house the screen stays black but I hear sounds. Can anyone confirm?

God Ginrai said:
Notaz already said how to fix the game image problem. Set the graphics setting to 3:2 scaled (software).
-God Ginrai
Thanks for the info, I thought I tried the graphics options the first time, but it seems to work perfectly now. I must be loosing my mind! :p

Anyways, the Wiz version still doesn't work, but I guess it doesn't matter if I can use the GP2X edition, but I would still like to figure out why that version doesn't seem to work.

Chris

Spirit said:
Cave Story/Doukutsu: Once I enter Chaco's house the screen stays black but I hear sounds. Can anyone confirm?

It worked fine for me.

Is there any plans for people to be able to turn GPEs into PNDs? I'd really like to skip the hole menu nav thing...

But yeah this is just plain awesome!

HackModford said:
Is there any plans for people to be able to turn GPEs into PNDs? I'd really like to skip the hole menu nav thing...

sebt3 said:
File-association and using a filemanager would do ?

I would love to be able to click a gpe file and having it lauched

HackModford said:

Well, you can already do that. You just have to do it yourself.

-God Ginrai

Now how about an N900 port? :rolleyes:
Fantastic work though, Notaz, this is definitely what I want to try on my Pandora first now. Cheers!

God Ginrai said:
HackModford said:

-God Ginrai

How?

HackModford said:
God Ginrai said:
HackModford said:

-God Ginrai

How?

You can call ginge_prep with the GPE as the argument, IIRC. If you want a PND, then just make a shell script that does that and package it with Ginge and the GPE.

-God Ginrai

Spirit said:
About to finish it and no problem whatsoever.

MDave said:
GINGE - Ginge Is Not GP2X Emulator - is an application that runs some GP2X and Wiz software on Pandora.

Hehe .. then why is it listed in the emulator menu in XFCE :D
In Minimenu it shows up in "Game" although I wish it would be in emulator. I had to make an over ride file to put in under the emulator tab.

Even though it is stated it is not an emulator I still think of it like one. It runs many apps designed for a different system which to me means "emulate". I know code wise it is more of a wrapper but it DOES emulate some of the functions of the SoC of the GP2X so calling it one is not that far off even if not technically 100% correct.

Well, does it really matter if it's a wrapper, interpreter or emulator? I mean, at least from the "where-to-put-it-in-the-menu"-perspective
I'm also amazed that doom, quake etc. are placed in "ports" while something like openjazz or giana's return would be a "game", in (dingux) gmenu2x.

I have been noticing issues with Ginge while running some stuff. In MAME there is like an almost 1 second delay in the sound.

Also while testing out Temper (Wiz version, hopefully when/if a native Pandora version is done this won't be an issue) the screen scrolling kind of stutters/jerks it isn't skipping frames as much as the framerate seems to fluctuate and isn't smooth. What may be causing this I wonder?

Back