Getting closer... (2011 - 12 - 01)

EvilDragon

Administrator
Staff member
While there still are some things missing, we're approaching the prototype run!

Here's what's currently going on...

1. Parts

I already got some parts lying at my office (like the EXT Ports, USB ports, battery contacts, WiFi Modules, etc.), the parts that were lying at CC in Texas have been picked up early last week and should arrive within the next few days, the bare PCBs will arrive today and all remaining needed parts have been organized by Global Components as well.

Well, almost: One part, a coil, is causing a small headache: While the manufacturer can deliver as many as we need until the mass production, they cannot deliver the needed samples until next week. Therefore, GC is looking for a third party source for this coil or a replacement part we can use. Well, in worst case we will rip them from broken CC boards.

As said: We will have them for the full production run. We're only doing 20 units for the prototype run.

2. Prototype and Mass Production Run

The prototype production run has been scheduled to happen next week Thursday or Friday.

Until then all parts should've arrived, so we're ready to go.

The mass production run is scheduled to start January 16th. Of course, this depends on the prototype production run. If the PCBs have some issues, we first need to find out what and why and fix that.

But if they are working properly and without issues, we're set :)

3. Other tidbits

We found some companies that could produce the TV Out Cables and are currently waiting for quotations.

We'll most probably also have proper AC Adaptors with Pandora stickers on them.

The case mold has been modified a bit to prevent some of the most popular crackings, a sample should be finished tomorrow.

I still need to move some needed parts (like cases, batteries, LCDs, etc.) from Craigs place to my company. Craig packaged that up already and we should be able to move them soon as well.

Oh, and as you might've seen: The repository now offers commercial games!

Therefore, indie game developers could now also become interested in the Pandora.

Do you know some indie or iOS games you'd love to see on the Pandora?

Let's gather a list and contact addresses.

I'll try to officially contact the authors and tell them about the Pandora. As we got some developers who agreed to help with porting the games, we might see some of these games on the Pandora as well!

Just let me know!

Well, that's it for now. Let me know if you have any further questions :)

What EvilDragon meant was that the samples will be delivered after next week (which would be too late).

The actual meaning of what he wrote is that the samples will be delivered next week (which would be on time).

I'm wondering how are these two cases distinguished when speaking German?

Interestingly enough, Perl has an 'until' statement where 'until (expression)' is pretty much 'while (!expression)'.

The more you know!

What EvilDragon meant was that the samples will be delivered after next week (which would be too late).

The actual meaning of what he wrote is that the samples will be delivered next week (which would be on time).

I'm wondering how are these two cases distinguished when speaking German?

I'm confused... who are you talking to? You quoted ED, ED responded with "wut?", and now you're talking about him in the 3rd person... I'm horribly confused.

Interestingly enough, Perl has an 'until' statement where 'until (expression)' is pretty much 'while (!expression)'.

The more you know!

What's so interesting about that? It's not like it's unique to Perl or something.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know i'll get flamed for this - but not sure where to post !!

I am one of the original buyers of Pandora (allegedly 1700 on Craigs list)

I did check with Craig many times - I just got bored with the wait - I have kept up with latest developments -

I just want to know where I stand (and i guess a ton of others) with regards to Craigs list - will i ever get my Pandora ?

Now GBAX not accessable - I really am not sure who to ask - Can anyone shed any light on this ?

Cheers

ED, what will happen with the 20 proto's after the testrun if they work? Will these be shipped as well?

There should be plenty of the "missing coils" in the parts you are getting from CC. The timing sounds right enough no? Unless they get stuck at customs or something, they should arrive pretty much at the right time. :)

Argh - just got some bad news right in.

As promised, I want to be open about everything, so I'm also telling you bad news.

EBV (the distributor who helps me to handle the movement of the parts from CircuitCo to Germany) just got an eMail from FedEx.

Last week FedEx said the pickup date is set and everything is fine - and as we didn't here anything else, we all assumed FedEx picked them up as planned.

However, it seems FedEx has been trying to get the packages, but CircuitCo refused to cooperate.

EBV is now actively working on this. They've got some other plans to get the parts. They still own a large amount of the parts (I agreed to pay them once we've got the parts here in Germany), so they will have ways to get these parts back.

As all the parts that we need from CC are parts that EBV delivered, we're also checking the current stock at EBV if they have enough of the parts here for the prototype production run.

I'll keep you all updated!

Always drama if CircuitCo is involved...

Hi ED,

whats the status on RMAs?

I returned mine to Craig around June/July. After waiting a while I emailed openpandoraorders@gmail.com and got these two replies in succession:

Pandora Orders openpandoraorders@gmail.com

20 Sep

to me

Hi Jim,

I have forwarded your email through to Jacquelyn

(openpandorasales@gmail.com) she is out of the office today but should

get back to you tomorrow.

I would think it would be EvilDragon who would be fixing your Pandora for you.

Thanks

Debs

Hello Jim,

Please accept my apologies for the very late reply. As you may know production and support is being moved to Germany, this process has caused a backlog of emails which we are now working through.

Your Pandora is being replaced and we are currently awaiting an updated shipping schedule from Circuitco for the new boards. We will despatch a new console as soon as possible. Sincere apologies for the far longer than expected delay in despatch.

Kind regards

Jacquelyn

Any idea when I'll get my Pandora back?

So...CircuitCo don't actually make Pandoras when they are paid to do so, but still hang onto the parts they won't need because they are refusing to use them, even when someone else pays to take them away!

<_<

:wacko:

:huh:

:mellow:

:unsure: No, I still don't get it!

Chargers with Pandora stickers on sound cool, and a tougher case might dispel the build quality fears.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi ED,

whats the status on RMAs?

I returned mine to Craig around June/July. After waiting a while I emailed openpandoraorders@gmail.com and got these two replies in succession:

Pandora Orders openpandoraorders@gmail.com

20 Sep

to me

Hi Jim,

I have forwarded your email through to Jacquelyn

(openpandorasales@gmail.com) she is out of the office today but should

get back to you tomorrow.

I would think it would be EvilDragon who would be fixing your Pandora for you.

Thanks

Debs

Hello Jim,

Please accept my apologies for the very late reply. As you may know production and support is being moved to Germany, this process has caused a backlog of emails which we are now working through.

Your Pandora is being replaced and we are currently awaiting an updated shipping schedule from Circuitco for the new boards. We will despatch a new console as soon as possible. Sincere apologies for the far longer than expected delay in despatch.

Kind regards

Jacquelyn
Any idea when I'll get my Pandora back?

I'm working on RMAs as well, as I got an assistant in the office as well, we're getting things more organized and catching up with everything.

We're planning to send out mails to all RMA-senders as well, letting them know about the status.

I can't fix broken PCBs though, we need to wait until we got new ones.

Back