Getting closer... (2011 - 12 - 01)

I bloody knew CC would screw you over on the parts they held, I think the export documentation is a load of bollox, fed ex would have checked it was ready before they attempted to collect the items, that's what they do with a friend's company, (custom hardware for mobile use), which he exports worldwide, sod 'em I say and get the parts elsewhere, Ed said OP hadn't paid for them so no loss.

I bloody knew CC would screw you over on the parts they held, I think the export documentation is a load of bollox, fed ex would have checked it was ready before they attempted to collect the items, that's what they do with a friend's company, (custom hardware for mobile use), which he exports worldwide, sod 'em I say and get the parts elsewhere, Ed said OP hadn't paid for them so no loss.

It depends on where you are. FedEx picks up the parts and export documentation at the same time, I know they do it like that in Germany, as I exported multiple things already.

When they didn't get them, they asked each day instead of trying to pick the boxes up.

A LOT of the parts have already been paid by us, we don't want to throw them away.

Also, EBV probably wouldn't be happy as they would be the same source for us to buy the new parts ;)

So it's really is CC's fault then the swine, your'e right ED you can't afford to throw away parts you've already paid for, and you really do need to keep your new supplier on side, perhaps in a years time when the pandora is in production you and Craig can write a book of the birth of the pandora, should be a riviting read.

even with this rather minor delay things seem to go surprisingly well.

here's a question tho:

ill be moving to switzerland for 4 months (probably longer) in the end of february.

assuming that all will go down as planned - is there any chance that i might get my 2nd batch unit before the end of february?

yeh i know, how should anyone ever know...

but what is your idea of some date when all preordered units will be delivered?

They will just ignore the email.
That's a little hypocritical don't you think Craig?!

Here we f'ing go. Why do we even bother with all this work.

We do answer emails, we always catch up with them all, if we didn't the project would have failed years ago. You know this, you have read it many times.

I and Ed work full time on this for no money, extremely frustrated, but we want it to succeed.
Apologies if I have offended you Craig, perhaps it was a little harsh but it did at least garner a reaction. I do not wish to hijack the thread but your choice of words just pushed my button! 

I know you're all frustrated but sometimes you don't help yourselves which in turn frustrates us! I have no doubt I will indeed get a reply but after 4 emails (and a few other methods) since September trying to obtain a refund but with no reply my devotion has started to waver (slightly!). Trying to placate a wife who didn't appreciate me ordering in the first place doesn't help either!

If the backlog is that big just a simple ticketing system or even just an automated acknowledgement would help as I don't even know it got there however reading another post they got a reply within 2 days for the same thing (although no refund yet) after emailing 1 day earlier than me, surely 3 months worth of emails did not appear overnight! As I said I don't wish to hijack the thread, if someone could dig out my email that would be appreciated and please consider some simple, cheap email improvements to keep people stuck in the backlog happy. Sorry to digress, feel free to PM me to keep the thread on-topic.

We also try to keep the mass production run in time, the only issue could be the bare PCBs as they need 4 - 6 weeks after the prototype production run, but in worst case the mass production will start 1 - 2 weeks later which would still be January.
I thought there are still many bare Pandora PCBs left over? I know some of them are oxydized ore something like this but not all I guess?

We also try to keep the mass production run in time, the only issue could be the bare PCBs as they need 4 - 6 weeks after the prototype production run, but in worst case the mass production will start 1 - 2 weeks later which would still be January.
I thought there are still many bare Pandora PCBs left over? I know some of them are oxydized ore something like this but not all I guess?
If I'm not mistaken, these are fresh PCBs ordered specifically for the prototype and production runs as using the old PCBs would have been asking for trouble. I also seem to recall ED saying in one of his earliest posts about GC that he had discussed the issue of the oxidation of boards with them, and they had advised that they would have requested to order fresh boards given the delay in the same situation.

@ ED: please correct me if I'm wrong. :)

-Neelix

Totally correct, Neelix.

The major reason that CC had so many failed PCBs is that they continued to populate oxidated PCBs.

It would be suicide to continue to use them.

Besides, no bare PCBs are left, CC populated them all.

Good news ! (reffering to post #1)

Last edited by a moderator:
Totally correct, Neelix.

The major reason that CC had so many failed PCBs is that they continued to populate oxidated PCBs.

It would be suicide to continue to use them.

Besides, no bare PCBs are left, CC populated them all.
I hope CC pays for all oxydized boards, at least they should, it's their fault.

GBAX is only down because it's a torturous process to move it to Eds server - which is almost complete.

CC's behaviour is strange, and we have some theories about what's going on, but I don't want to sound like a conspiracy theory loon.

I guess they showed the pandora to the pentagon and they decided to order it for their stuff as a reliable and save device.

now CC secretly produces pandoras with alu mono-block-cases and gorilla-glass displays ;-)

greetings

Okay, here are todays' news:

The problem is the following:

To properly export parts from US to Germany, two documents are needed:

1. An invoice where all the values of the parts are declared

2. Export documents

We sent CC the invoice and asked them to put their logo onto the invoice. This is needed, as the goods are exported FROM them and therefore, they need to provide the value.

However, CC didn't want to do that as they think it looks like they are selling the parts to us, which is not the case. An invoice for customs value declaration doesn't have anything to do with an invoice for selling parts though, this is standard stuff when exporting.

We are trying to talk to them today so that they will do that.

The export documents are filled out electronically, so that is something that only CC can do.

If they don't do both, we can't export the parts from them.

This is both standard when exporting parts, it's just that CC didn't want to do this so far which prevents us from exporting.

Of course, there is another solution, and if we don't get a positive answer from CC this weekend, it's the one we'll use:

The branch office from AVNet in USA will pick up the parts from CC. They can do this without any documents.

Then the parts will be exported from AVNet USA. As they are the exporter in this case, they have to provide these two documents, so we'll have no issue to move the parts to Germany in this case.

This will be another step though and will take a few days, but the parts would be here in Germany in-time for the mass production run.

In this case, we'll buy samples of these parts quickly just for the mass production run. A bit annoying and more work, but possible.

I can only thank EBV/AVNet and Global Components for helping me here a lot. They are truly supporting the Pandora, I owe them a lot of thanks.

Com-Pli-Cated... :blink:

I still don't get it what CC has for issues. They act just weird. :huh: I mean, stuff like this happens every day in the world, shipping here and there etc... Other Companies do this without problems, why the hell do we always meet the weirdo Companies. ^^

It Texas Instruments ever suggests you a company again for producing a Handheld - IGNORE them! ;)

The interesting thing:

CC told us they prepared all the documents... so maybe FedEx was confused?

Well, we'll see, we'll work that out :)

There are a lot of confused people in the Pandora world it seems. Perhaps the awesomeness of Pandora is too much for peoples minds to handle and it trips them out or something?

The interesting thing:

CC told us they prepared all the documents... so maybe FedEx was confused?

Well, we'll see, we'll work that out :)

Hmm... historically speaking isn't it CC that says one thing and does something else? Unless proven otherwise, I side on FedEx. <_<

Me too, because i think CC already proved one of their reliable high-end quality prodcuts: nutorious bullshit.

I say FedEx knows it's thing alright.

I guess we'll find out on Monday. We have a backup plan, which is a good thing.

We do answer emails, we always catch up with them all, if we didn't the project would have failed years ago. You know this, you have read it many times.
Ok, in that case I'll wait some more until the emails I sent 4-5 months ago (really, has it been that long already?) have been answered :)

Back