Get ready to rumble!

You know, this is a pre-pre-order. It wasn't supposed to be news, it was for the people on these forums who was in a hurry to throw money at the Pyra...

Out of interest, why was the pre-preorder value set at 290EUR?  I guess it would need to be less than the final minimum price of a Pyra, but I'd expect even a Pyra with no 3/4G module will probably cost more than that.  I guess it might be an idea to make it about half the price of an average preorder - is that the expectation?  It just seems a slightly odd number - why not 300EUR, or 299EUR?

Edit: I suppose it would definitely need to be lower than the lowest possible value of the cheapest unit less the highest iCP/Pandora voucher, perhaps that's the algorithm.

Last edited by a moderator:
You know, this is a pre-pre-order. It wasn't supposed to be news, it was for the people on these forums who was in a hurry to throw money at the Pyra...

I know it's a pre-pre order. And I let Liliputing know that in my contact with them - and again in the comments.  Given the limited time frame of the pre -pre order and the fact that a lot of people in this community don't visit this forum anymore (which included me for a period of time) , it doesn't hurt to get a tiny bit of news out there.   

I know it's a pre-pre order. And I let Liliputing know that in my contact with them - and again in the comments.  Given the limited time frame of the pre -pre order and the fact that a lot of people in this community don't visit this forum anymore (which included me for a period of time) , it doesn't hurt to get a tiny bit of news out there.   
Some oddities in the specs too... The full sized USB 3.0 isn't actually 3.0, but USB 2.0 with eSATA lines... I guess that may a bit too hard explain.

Order #134, 66 left in stock after me.

I do agree it is meant primarily for people here. That's what the post says.. As it seems that with little more than a day 2/3 are gone, and a some semi regular visitors might be out of luck with pre-pre order if they miss the windows of a few days. Either way it isn't bad, I just think it would come much more usefull to get publicity once the waiting queue of people here is empty, and ED has some pyras in stock in his shop. On the other hand the total outsiders would probably hesitate to order at this stage, so I guess it's all fine. Maybe in a few months they can have a story that ED actually delivered on the promise, and the device is indeed amazing. 

publicity is generally good, i suspect.  if people really want to pre-pre-order, they should know the risks (as outlined in the posts and on dragonbox.de), but it's probably good for outsiders to know the project is moving along.

[edit]
i'd be interested to see if there is a spike in pre-preorders after the publicity...

/me joins the ranks of pre-orderers.
and joins the forums for the first time.

Got my Pyra itch on Friday and this was an exciting change for Monday.

I don't think I'm going to join in just yet. I doubt I'm going to be doing anything with my Pyra that will be useful to anyone else, so I think it would be best for the more productive members of the site to get their unit before me. I will definitely pre-order when the money is needed to help start mass-production. For now, I'm just excited to see the progress. And excited to see people jumping for the prototypes. Only 1 left!

[edit]
i'd be interested to see if there is a spike in pre-preorders after the publicity...

I doubt anything will match with that initial spike for prepreorders (there aren't enough vouchers left).  I didn't expect them to go that quick, and my plan after I decided I would probably go for it was not to worry about the first handful, and just check in every few hours to get a number I liked.  The first time I checked in they were already half gone (and I had two options of binary numbers if I risked waiting, which I did for a little while).  I figured the sales died down since it was after the initial rush and was night over in Europe (maybe here too, can't remember), but I didn't want to go to sleep and wake up to them all being gone.

I bet a PandoraLive comment/article would get a few more people that have been following along for a while than the Liliputing article.  They (PandoraLive readers) may also be less likely to get one and complain about how it isn't perfect and they aren't happy with the software situation.

I bet a PandoraLive comment/article would get a few more people that have been following along for a while than the Liliputing article.  They (PandoraLive readers) may also be less likely to get one and complain about how it isn't perfect and they aren't happy with the software situation.
I have just published an article and it's getting lots of views. Apparently a number of people who were interested by the Pyra are following the pre-order situation... :)

I just got home from 5 days of travel to find this news...  Cool!

Bullet is bit.  Unless there are a couple more later,  the last prototype is bought.

I'm thinking very dark orange for the case and buttons/stylus to match the keyboard Fn layer color.   B)  It's that or dark red with black buttons...

I do have a Link credit too to figure out.  No idea how that might work with prototype being all up front.  Maybe that gets used another day for accessories or 'sold' to ED on the prototype...?

Waiting excitement starts now.

I hope devs, Grench and other prototype buyers will occasionally post what they are doing and how things are going, good and bad.

I'm thinking very dark orange for the case and buttons/stylus to match the keyboard Fn layer color.   B)  It's that or dark red with black buttons...

Check with ED to see if one of the prototype cases can be made in your dark orange with the Fn color other stuff.  Looking forward to pics when you get it.  Also, try the Red Hot Stylus in it.

Edit: Maybe ED can be convinced to include a US 4G module in your prototype.

Monday in Germany, and the Bank Wire is done, hopefully its fast to transfer between the "Volksbank SaarWest" and the "Stadtsparkasse Pfaffenhofen"..
I think im in the first 50, but i dosnt bother much about numbers (as long im not 5000 ^^ )

17:26:12 at 10.17.2015
Im looking forward for the prototyph owner videos and the whole Prototyph Run in November.. , lets hope the Ligning Issue is the only then..

Downside is, that i now have to buy the Pyra, whit any collor they make, but there is still hope for Blue Metallic..

ED, the 'Shipment' („Versand”) page of the ordering process (pre-preorder) is an empty box for me, with a “"" is not a valid/supported currency code. See docs to get a list of supported currency codes” message in the developer console. I've run out of things to unblock in my uMatrix, so it shouldn't be caused by that. Unfortunately, I am not in a position to skip that page, because I will only return to my invoice address on 2015-12-19 (I assume the PCB will be delivered to the shipment address that I select here). What should I do?

The shipment page should be empty, as no shipment is needed with a voucher. You can't just click on next?
Oh, OK then. I just thought the PCB would be shipped to that address. Do I choose this together with the normal preorder?

Blimey, less than 50 (well, 49) units left for pre-pre-ordering, and they're still ticking over.  I don't think there will be any of the 200 left come the end of the week personally.

I'm going to wait a while, let anyone else who is keen to get on have a chance to get in the queue, but I'll take up to 3 slots if there are any left by the end of the week...

Back