Putting Gp2x In The Spotlight

the posts that hit the front page with 50 digg's are sent there by editors :(

There are lots of diggs pushed by the editors actually..heh, if we are lucky we can get an editor to become a gp2x fan. No to think of a clever plan to get them interested is what we need...not 300+ diggs in a day.

Magnulus posted on Jul 31 2006 at 03:58 PM said:
Oh wow, another promotional text!
Now, I'm not really aiming to be a spoilsport or anything, but that text reads more like something out of GPH's own agenda than a "write-up". During my first week of GP2Xing, I was frustrated as hell sometimes. My final verdict is that it's pretty damn awesome, but I can't say if I wrote a write-up for my website (which is my intention one of these days.), that it would be 100% positive.
When I was looking around for info on the GP2X before buying it, I easily skipped write-ups like that, because no machine is perfect, and a "review" that seems to try to convince you it IS perfect, is either lying or just hasn't run into all the problems yet.

Well, I'm a pretty skilled user in general granted - but this was my first week. I had no headaches at all.

What can I say? I did not play down headaches or anything.

blakespot

Last edited by a moderator:
...what happened?

The "Upcoming Stories" / "Most Popular" page was screenshot on my machine in two windows. The one on the right was taken 20 mins before the one on the left.

http://www.blakespot.com/images/GP2X_digg.png

What happened to the GP2X story? Does it roll off after 24 hours passed for story submission?

Whatever the case - let's keep going!

blakespot

finty posted on Jul 31 2006 at 05:49 PM said:
Can you Digg it?

No, I can't actually. It asked me to become a member. Balls to that.

A fellow lazy git. Welcome to the club.

Shikaku posted on Jul 31 2006 at 05:38 PM said:
Nova posted on Jul 31 2006 at 06:33 PM said:
finty posted on Jul 31 2006 at 05:49 PM said:
Can you Digg it?

No, I can't actually. It asked me to become a member. Balls to that.

A fellow lazy git. Welcome to the club.

The 24 hour lockout killed us. I am going to REPOST the story in a modified fashion in a few days - let's all do this again then. Hope a few will give it another shot. I did not think to post the digg article here until just 6 hours shy of the 24-hour rollover mark.

My bad, really.

blakespot

digdugqq9.jpg

I can't say if I wrote a write-up for my website (which is my intention one of these days.), that it would be 100% positive.

Likewise. And I *am* doing a write-up for both the web and a presentation. The GP2X is a nice bit of kit, but it's not perfect.

Back