Geekiest Thing You've Done Lately

Radio posted on Jul 5 2005 at 05:17 PM said:
.... Actually by odd coincidence was it this entry:

My best friend in third grade had a sister named Jenna. Their last name was Talley. Jenna Talley...

My parents giggled every time I said her name, and it took me until I was 12 or 13 years old to get it.

My parents also thought my tenth grade teacher, Ms. Moorehead, was cause for laughter.

My parents are what happens when people have kids too early in life.

- thecutenerdgirl#hotmail.com

Edit: Oh and obviously this is the geekiest thing that I've done lately. :p

not exactly (the entry was something among the lines of "People just are nice to you in order to fuck you" - "oh are they?" - "thats why I'm nice to you" - "you arent very nice to me at all"), and i think i remember the email being cutenerdgirl w/o "the"...and i am actually going to beat my printer quite soon....eats paper, the fucker ... but that's offtopic... but thanks anyway, big piece of luck, i just wanted to know teh provider....mhhh...i could have just tried i guess...wouldve been even geekier

EDIT: i wrote her (hopefully it's really a girl :D) a mail, if i get any response I'll instantly post here cause that would be hella geeky...email blind-date

AND I did not beat my printer...was enough to tell it what I'd to to it if it didnt print properly...actually, I only thought about it and gave teh printer some more paper....weird....I'm feeding my printer...

Last edited by a moderator:
Just spent all evening trying to max out my brand spanking new 8meg connection .. managed to hit 700k/sec so far...

not bad though for 20 quid a month though :)

skysnapper posted on Jul 5 2005 at 11:29 PM said:
Just spent all evening trying to max out my brand spanking new 8meg connection .. managed to hit 700k/sec so far...

where?

sam fisher posted on Jul 6 2005 at 05:34 AM said:

where?

bulldog. Well the i signed up back in May for the 4meg service at £20 per month providing you change over to their telephone service as well which is exactly the same price as the basic BT line rental. Doesn't make any difference to me as i only make calls on my mobile.

They then did away with the 4meg connection and upgraded everyone to 8meg! I think you can only get this service if you live near central London as non of my work mates can get it.

It did however take almost 2 months to be connected.. but i wasn't really arsed anyway as 1meg was fine for me.. just it worked out cheaper to have an 8meg than a 1meg! and i get twice the upload speed which is quite useful.

i got my p5 glove today ...it rocks! The community ownz..i got the inofficial community driver and everything is better now (=
anyway, I'm off to play somehitman 2 now, cu

BTW: in mouse mode, you better set mouse sensitivity VERY high or else you'll have no tennis arm, but a P5 arm ;)

Nilsiboy posted on Jul 7 2005 at 03:49 PM said:
i got my p5 glove today ...it rocks! The community ownz..i got the inofficial community driver and everything is better now (=
anyway, I'm off to play somehitman 2 now, cu

BTW: in mouse mode, you better set mouse sensitivity VERY high or else you'll have no tennis arm, but a P5 arm ;)
cool, can you use it with counterstrike: source?

i can use it with any game that is mouse controlled... but its too unprecise for playing cs...or I need some practice (;
anyway, you can play any game with it, as we have PIE! :D that means programmable input emulator ;)
you can map the P5 information to anything, even midi commands

Seeing as you have this P5, is there a way to not use that huge sensor stand and just plug the glove straight for just finger commands?

I dont know, sorry...theres a P5 yahoo group , maybe they know. doesnt make that much of a difference though...apart from not having that bulky sensor thingie....but if you just want finger commands, use PIE to map them to whatever you want and put the sensor underneath your desk...

Nilsiboy posted on Jul 8 2005 at 02:53 PM said:
I dont know, sorry...theres a P5 yahoo group , maybe they know. doesnt make that much of a difference though...apart from not having that bulky sensor thingie....but if you just want finger commands, use PIE to map them to whatever you want and put the sensor underneath your desk...

Ah probably not so good then, my plan was to use a glove for commanding a wearable PC, and the P5 was the best choice until I saw the huge sensor. Thanks for the information.

Darn!
I hope you bought enough hard drives...

aapje89 posted on Jul 8 2005 at 05:12 PM said:
how does that thing work and what can you do with it?
It's a glove, and has 9 infrared LEDs for positioning, which are tracked by a sensor "tower".
You have a bend sensor for every finger and 4 buttons on the back, so, with PIE, you could have an 11 ...axes? i dunno, german "achsen" (the 3d movement of the glove, yaw, pitch, roll of the glove and analog input from every finger) joystick for use in the non-P5-games, the P5-enabled games support it w/o PIE

hope that answered your questions,
Regards,
Nils

in photoshop it would be painfully if you dont have multiple sensor towers, and I'm not sure if that is possible/would really make it better. But if you find a way to speed up mouse movement (which I did not, sensitivity for windows is at max), it could work out at least OK

Back