Gather Innovative Ideas Here!

Wearable computing.

efegea said:
The pandora should have an IR sensor, like the one on the wiimote.
I dislike the IR method as it requires an external device, reducing portability. There are other ways to do head tracking. Accelerometers are cheap, but gyros are not. One solution someone mentioned (can't remember who, sorry) is to use 3 3-axis accelerometers mounted at different positions on the head. This could be mounted in a baseball cap or similar and software should be able to emulate a gyro.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just thought of the most awesome idea ever: A elebits/eledees clone. Only difference it's an adventure like it's sequal on DS.

So its a first-person game and you need to capture alot elebits to be able to power things that can help you (like gates blocking the way) along the adventure you find special upgrades for yoru capture gun(weapon to capture alebits (such as a mirror coming out of your gun to reflect laserbeams to activate other things. but also a transform into a speedboat (with capture gun ofc))

Havent thought about more.

Mr. Sentinel said:
yaustar said:
I really would like to see this idea fleshed out: http://www.squidi.net/three/entry.php?id=67

I would too. That looks like it'd make for a brilliant game. I could really see it on the Nintendo DS too.

i love that site, both his comic and his game idea database. i think i heard of it after some game used a concept on there and was blogged about on indiegames.

nice ideas. depending on how good the touchscreen is, it would be nice to have more draw parts of gameplay type games, like crayon physics, or that one 'drawn to life' DS game or many other ds games. its just so satisfying to be able to interact so fluidly and freely like that.
drawing applications, like colors, would be nice, too.

Also, the defense style games, not the tower defense but the ones where you aim and upgrade your gun, and turrets usually play a very small part, and you can only have a few, would be great on this, or the DS really. any touchscreen thing, but the pandora moreso because rendering alot of enemies is very demanding.

Last edited by a moderator:
1. We need a Firefox addon or GreaseMonkey script to play flash videos in Mplayer.

Something like this, probably:
http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/34890

The best thing would be to have a generic plugin/script that detects the different flash players on webpages and launches the video in mplayer.

Remember we won't have a flash player on release. And even having flash, it would be a good idea, I think.

2. And, is there any tabbed instant messenger?

Something like pidgin, but the contact list and the conversation window should be one, and have tabs for every conversation.

Back