Gaming League

Well, Sunday now ....

Maybe somebody should make a start?

I don't know if it is worth posting, but I'll give it a try:

score: 74,810

I know it's not top level but you have to start somewhere.

The race is on....

JayWhite said:
Wow, mine's 46,780. I can't seem to even beat that. I'm thinking there's a trick to it...

No! Definitely no cheating. Thats not fun and not fair. I just play a lot, recently.
First I intended to send the high-score list but think THAT might be manipulated if you can log on the WIZ. But I can't think of any means to manipulate the final screen - at least as I'm not a coder.

But that's not my record and as I said - my wife's faster. :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL I don't cheat! I don't even know how to linux code to cheat, and even if I did, I still wouldn't cheat. I love animatch! It's a great brain game!

There just must be a trick to the strategy of how to play....

JayWhite said:
LOL I don't cheat! I don't even know how to linux code to cheat, and even if I did, I still wouldn't cheat. I love animatch! It's a great brain game!

There just must be a trick to the strategy of how to play....

Sorry, misunderstanding. I didn't mean you wanted to cheat but rather make the point that I don't.

However, as long as speed is slow, I try to get as much points per round as possible, aiming for the lucky animal and lots of chain reactions. They score higher.
Use the hints wisely, just when I really get stuck, but still in time...
Use the jokers wisely, i.e. in low levels immediately, in high levels I keep them as long as possible.

In high levels, only speed counts, whilst the animals vanish the eyes must be already on the next set to choose.
In the very high levels, normal speed is not enough against the clock - chain reactions are inevitable to gain time credit.
And, I use the stylus.
I don't know if all that can count as trick. My wife may rather disagree, as she is using the d-pad and she was already way above 80000. "Unfortunately" that got deleted when I had to flash the FW. :p
Just keep going, and good luck.

Would it not be best to use the score attack mode? Since that way everyone gets the same amount of time to achieve a score?

Right, with just a few days left, we should start discussing the next game to play. I'd suggest one of the new entries from PACC. Personally rRootage looks like the best game, but I'd be ok with Undead delivery service too. Does either of those have any game modes we should choose before we start?

The cutoff date for the Animatch competition was friday 24.00 GMT. I think I need to give it a few tries more.

klikklak said:
The cutoff date for the Animatch competition was friday 24.00 GMT.

Yet in time. :p
Sorry for my absence, I just returned from a long business trip being very happy and self-contended with my 29,780 at score attack normal.

After just 3 days my wife has outclassed me in every single high-score list. So I'm afraid to say, she would be the winner at

She even got 24,130 in score attack hard! :wub:

I could only counter with 83,180 in normal game which doesn't count here. :rolleyes:

Whatever new game we choose, I am pretty sure we will not excel there.

cu

kasi

So er, the scores are:

Kasi's wife: 32,890
Kasi: 29,780
JayWhite: 24,150
Klikklak: 9620

Gratz to the double winner :) Lets pick a another game next. rRootage looks best to me, what is JayWhite's or Kasi's preference?

thx!

I'll tell her.
Generally, I like simple games like Phishy, Protozoa, Traps75, Space Varments etc.
But I shall be as happy with rRootage.
Although, I have to download and get it running with FW 1.1.0 first.

kasi

klikklak said:
rRootage looks best to me, what is JayWhite's or Kasi's preference?

I would like to play the AudioRace... with some of the Jamendo music (www.jamendo.com you can download there lots and lots of Creative Commons music(for free, of course)). or, of course, we could stick to the Space Invaders from the audiorace download...But i would prefer song Sad Robot from the same band.
I'll be fine with rRootage too, but i simply LOVE AudioRace, thanks, crow_riot!

Edit: you can get Sad Robot from there

kasi said:
thx!

I'll tell her.
Generally, I like simple games like Phishy, Protozoa, Traps75, Space Varments etc.
But I shall be as happy with rRootage.
Although, I have to download and get it running with FW 1.1.0 first.

kasi
the problem with rRootage is that it's missing a file on FW 1.1.0. if you look into the audiorace folder there's a file called libglport.so.0, you need to copy that into the rrootage folder to get it work. :)

Thanks, crow-riot for the info about libglport.so.0. I have read it in the trhead and was about to try it after cleaning up my messy room and installing my new SSD I bought in Taiwan - no, rather before that one! :D

klikklak, AudiRace is fine by me, too! (There's so many games I haven't played, yet.)

I'll try out both. If I don't tell my wife, I might even have a chance in our family ranking. :lol:

kasi

Back