Gaming League

klikklak

Oh neat, it's a ... field.
Website
Visit site
Hi all,

Should we start a gaming league again? There was one one for the gp2x on the dutch forums, but I lost interest quickly as gp2x controls left a lot to be desired. Also I think cameraphones are a lot more common nowadays, so having actual proof would be fairly easy for most people.

We could start with a mega-thread approach, say by posting scores to this list, with say two weeks per game. And if there'd be success for the league or a wifi module, we could progress to something else.

Anyone interested and what should we start out with? I'd say noiz2sa_insane on endless.

Oh, people play a game, send their highscores and are ranked. That sort of thing, I thought I was speaking in english, but apparently not :p

EDIT: err, to clarify, it's a gaming competition. No prizes, except for the ego boost of beating others. I think yakyak had these back in the day (didn't join though) and like I wrote there was one organized by the dutch in gp2x times. Play, send highscore with a pic preferrably and when the time limit ends, the players are ranked.

i like the idea :)

i think i need to add a 'screenshot' function to my game to support it!

Anybody into Wiz's AniMatch by Ruckage?

What game are we debating on using? I could use an ego boost! lol

i'd recommend my game - but it's still unreleased because of PACC :ph34r:

I´d suggest Puzsion, very accesible for everybody, simple gameplay, fun and addictive.

Animatch is the game I play most on the Wiz.
Same for me. Strange, isn't it?
We download and install tons of fantastic games and it's the simplest game idea that doesn't let go of us.
Since Animatch is built it might be a good choice for a start.

Right then, do we need a poll? It would be good for fairness sake, but I hesitate polluting the board with multiple polls on this. Is it possible to run polls just in this thread, resetting them everytime we need a new poll?

That's starting too big, I'd rather keep it local (admins permitting) and start small. I think one of the reasons (other than that it was the gp2x :rolleyes: ) the gp2x league had rather small participation was that it was on the dutch forums. I mean, would you bother to check a separate site just for a minor gaming league?

So it would be the honor system, as in trusting people to not lie about their score? I'm just wondering how you know that someone scored 10,000,000 points without the proof.

I would suggest Wind & Water: Puzzle Battles or Propis, but both of those games are paid-for and not everyone has them most likely. W&W's official site actually does have a ranking system for high scores. There you upload your game save file and your stats are created from it.

ED:We could ask for photographs at least for the winning entry.

Peter: well, like I wrote, once/if this grows, we can look at other solutions.

But we're getting bogged down on details. Animatch got the most posts supporting it, so of it's ok, we could start tomorrow and play for two weeks so that high scores must be submitted/posted here, by friday 9.4 24.00GMT.

You could use a thread to post your scores and an external page for people to keep track of the top scores?

We could maybe do something on openXile, Peter generously provides the hosting, so it's up to him, obviously.

Well, if openXile could do that it'd be great. Hell, we could open it up for all open handhelds. But if not, starting a wordpress blog for the top scores (and maybe the polls) is quite trivial. Currently I think we're best off starting with a very low level approach, ie. the forums can decide.

But we're getting bogged down on details. Animatch got the most posts supporting it, so of it's ok, we could start tomorrow and play for two weeks so that high scores must be submitted/posted here, by friday 9.4 24.00GMT.

Cool! Then I still have enough time to return home from my current journey and give the WIZ to my wife.
She's faster just using the d-pad than I am with (properly working) touchscreen.
Maybe it't the age.... :p

Back