Games For Dosbox - What Games Do You Want?

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't mind seeing Knights of Xentar being added. Probably won't happen but at least I'll throw it out there :D

They've been said by others elsewhere, but I'll go ahead and add them here:

The Elder Scrolls: Arena/Daggerfall

It's unlikely they'll ever get ported (since rumor has it the source code was lost). So Dosbox-type emulation is the only chance for these great RPG's.

Could you please post an instruction guide as to how to get a game running - where you need to configure a few keys from the QWERTY keyboard onto the GP2X ones. I am thinking of "Arcade Fruit Machine" - a small game, but a good DOS oldie! I don't know how to do this.

Thanks!

Could you please post an instruction guide as to how to get a game running - where you need to configure a few keys from the QWERTY keyboard onto the GP2X ones. I am thinking of "Arcade Fruit Machine" - a small game, but a good DOS oldie! I don't know how to do this.

Thanks!
I have been thinking of making a program, that you just point it to the exe, tell your button mappings and the thing does the rest. Would that be usefull?

Somebody mentioned Pinball Dreams and Superfrog, but I would recommend the Amiga versions instead as they already run fine and have far better sound output :)

"SunSpire"

Can't most of those games be played on older computer emulators? (like the Amiga or Atari ST)
Good question! I'd like to know the answer!
Provided that you have the roms and install the correct emus on your GP2X, I believe they can :) Just get OutcaST and/or uae4allgp2x, and don't ask anyone where to obtain rom files ;)

Thanks, I was just wondering what systems they available on that the GP2X has emus for (which you kindly answered)!

Thanks!
I have been thinking of making a program, that you just point it to the exe, tell your button mappings and the thing does the rest. Would that be usefull?

OMG Yes , 10 bucks paypal right here for that and a tank wars build . Just PM me your paypal addy I will prepay .

I'd like to play Epic Pinball, Operation Carnage (sort of like Gradius meets Smash TV), and Jill of the Jungle through dosbox. I'd mention Jazz Jackrabbit as well, but OpenJazz is taking care of that (though it needs work at the moment, it's still really playable).

Thanks!

OMG Yes , 10 bucks paypal right here for that and a tank wars build . Just PM me your paypal addy I will prepay .
Its nice that you would like it, but 10 bucks is not necessary :).
I will try to see if I can start/finish it today, but im very busy, sorry.

I'm wondering, if one could build "roms" out of PC installations, with certain default settings...

(Maybe that's roughly what aapje means...)
no, you need someone smart to do that :p

What im planning to do is making a program wich automatically modifies all the scripts to the selected game and preferred button mapping.

Thanks!

Its nice that you would like it, but 10 bucks is not necessary :).
I will try to see if I can start/finish it today, but im very busy, sorry.

Yes please - it would be fantastic if you could make a frontend to make it easy for the rest of us!

Back