Games For Dosbox - What Games Do You Want?

DReffects

Still Fresh
heyo,

inspired by the previous hack of dosbox ive compiled a new version in order to improve speed and stuff. while speed seems to be only a little bit improoved right now i'd like to do some gamepacks.

therefore i need to know what games you'd like to see on the gp2x. pls no req like gta2 or wing commander 3 ;)

stick to older abandon/freeware.

:)

Zelda Classic (would ROCK if possible!!! >> http://www.zeldaclassic.com/ for more info and DOS Version download)

Commander Keen 4, 5 and 6
Dune 1
Legend of Kyrandia 1 and 2
MadTV
Neuromancer
Superfrog
Scorched Earth
Albion

Those are just a few games that came into my mind :)

How old is old? I'd personally like to see Solar Winds, if at all possible. I'm not sure if that's old enough, though. Also, Starflight II would be cool, and maybe the first 4 Quest for Glory games, though I think that might be pushing it.

BobBorakovitz posted on Mar 19 2006 at 06:35 PM said:
Epic Pinball / Silverball
Pinball Dreams
Duke Nukem
Jill of the Jungle :)
X-Com
The Incredible Machine

Probably some of these aren't possible though :)

why not just play the duke port? will for sure run better than it will ever do emulated.

I doubt warcraft 1 would be possible?

Last edited by a moderator:
Vimacs posted on Mar 19 2006 at 01:43 PM said:
why not just play the duke port? will for sure run better than it will ever do emulated.

if I'm not mistaken, the program you're talking about (Dave Gnukem?) is not a port, but a homebrew game programmed from scratch. Maybe it'll run faster, but it's not the same! ;)
And what's up with the name "Dave?" it doesn't sound as cool as "Duke"
Sorry, DaveC! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Hows about Sensible Soccer...or maybe even Sensible World of Soccer. That would seriously kick arse! :lol:

Solar Winds,
Commander Keens 4-6,
Monuments of Mars (I'd be surprised if this doesn't run well already, being a 4-colour mode game for 8086 machines, tbh),
Xargon,
Tyrian (if it's likely to get remotely doable - it did run OK on my 16Mhz 386, though, so conceivably...),
Sierra SCI adventures (Quest for Glory 1-3 at least, maybe 4; Ecoquest 1-2, later Space Quest and Kings Quest games).

Back