Gamepark, Gp32 2 (project Name) Coming Soon!

jmetal88 posted on Aug 6 2004 at 09:21 PM said:
WinnME posted on Aug 5 2004 at 04:24 PM said:
I have another Idear :p

Use PCSX, it can work with HLE Bios (you don't need a bios file)!!!!!!!
It is not as good as epsxe but waaaaaay better than bleem!

And if ya don't need higher resulotions, you could stick with Connectix VGS!
It doesn't need as bios file, and works almost perfect with almost every game!
(with the help of patches, even under Win 2000/XP and Backups)

Hey wait a sec, ........ use PCSX2 ...... if ya have a Monster PC (>6Ghz), then ya can play even some PS2 games :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:
Ok, for another thing, I only have 24 mb of ram on my desktop (doesn't sound like much, but I did build it just from the cheapest parts I could find on ebay). Epsxe requires 64 mb of ram to run and Bleem! only uses 16 mb. And also, I checked it out and it's more like around 300 games that are fully compatable with Bleem!. Sorry for the misinformation. Oh, yeah, and my desktop is a 266mhz AMD K-6 with a hi-res graphics card by Cirrus Logic.
Thne use Connectix Virtual Gamestation, it should run much better than bleem on your system + the compatiblity is much higher than bleem!

Last edited by a moderator:
El_Diablo posted on Aug 6 2004 at 10:42 PM said:
woah...that was a pretty well reasoned and logical breakdown of possible gp32 specs...thanks for that, it made for a good read! :)
Indeedy...

Personally, I think they could afford to up the processor speed to something in the region of 200MHz default with a max of maybe 300MHz (but no more for the sake of our dear batteries).

Storage-wise, I don't mind what they change it to tbh, as long as it is affordable (4gb is all very well bit it is a bit pricey, eh?). But I *would* like to see backward compatibility, a USB port identical to those found in PCs (i.e. the big slot) and the SMC code from the old SDK bound to read from that - via some standard driver (so essentially it might not have an SMC slot in it, but it could remain backward compatible with SMC accessing code by allowing the user to plug in any old reader).

Batteries, I think they should have 3 AA batteries (since that'll open them up to improvements without *needing* to move to LI-Ion) and an LI-Ion battery that fits in the same slot - but without removing the compatibility for normal bats that makes the GP32 imho so much superior to the Zodiac. A self-charging small lithium battery running an RTC would be very very nice as well (i.e. when you turn on the unit it the RTC draws power from the normal batteries and the one that runs it when the unit is off does too charging itself)

Some kind of FPU would be very very nice I think, but I don't see the need for a dedicated 3D chip if it is backward compatible enough to work with Yeti. After all, that's a damn good 3D engine, and it can scale up to meet the needs of the hardware iirc (just as Yeti for GBA is essentially the Cube engine scaled down).

Ram is a must. 64 mb would be very nice; I imagine 32mb would do, but considering the price of the stuff these days, I think 64mb is certainly conceivable.

Resolution-wise, 320x240 is brilliant, I think. At that level it is low enough to save battery power and space on storage. Talk to (some) Zodiac people and you'll find that their higher resolution is a bit of a hinderance from time to time with movies since the files are quite a bit bigger. Others of course swear by it, but personally, I'd be fine with a 320x240 screen again.

Other than that, what would be nice?

Well, I'll tell you two things that would be absolutely amazing if GP could fit them in from an emu POV. A z80 chip (since those are darn cheap, I imagine, these days), and a good ole motorolla 68k. So many things use those in the past that I personally feel it'd be invaluable to have them available for the present in hardware form - especially considering just how dated they are now.

Anyone else agree?

Oh, and bluetooth or similar will, I suspect, become more and more essential. Ideally with an RF-Link emulator built into the SDK to preserve backward compatbility.

if wishes were fishes the see'd be empty...

well this puts off me buying a psp for a while at least!

Argon0

Talyz posted on Aug 13 2004 at 11:12 AM said:
I'll wait for it... :)
Maybe it can emulate PSX or something even more powerful... :rolleyes:
maybe....
but don't hold your breath for dreamcast emu on the way :D

Well N64 would be cool.

I mean: Concer, Mario64, Paper Mario/Mario Story, Mario Tennis, Mario Kart, DK, DiddyKong racing, Perfekt Dark, Golden Eye and many more genial games as a portable version with GP32 -2-?

Well If GP32 -2-,really stronger is than PSP - a N64 emu should work.

Tschüsing DreamRider

No, we wont ;)

GamePark _will_ make a new handheld.And they have spoken of great technical specs, havn't they?
So I think N64-emulation _could_ be possible - even it is slow...

Well, I'm looking forward to it and will be ready to buy on..

Tschüsing Jees'

Just to add my personnal idea ;)

I want this CPU MagicEyes (look this incredible all in one CPU)
Technology
0.18um CMOS, 1.8V CoreS, 3.3/2.5V I/O
ARM920T CPU
Operation Frequency : 266MHz
3D Graphics GTE (Geometric Transform Engine)
3D Graphics Rasterizer
Video Processor
Wavetable Synthesizer
Image Processor
Display
Memory
Various Interfaces

With this CPU:
LCD 480x320 BLU :wub:
64Mo DDRSDRAM (or 32Mo ext to 64Mo)
1 Mo of EEPROM to have a nice BIOS with some basic application (Launcher, MP3/OGG/WMA/AAC player, Movie Player, Picture Reader ... etc ...)
SDIO (4Go maxi :wub: )
2 x USB (one to link on a cumputer and other one to link 2 GP :D )
or 1 x USB 2 and Bleutooth (NO WIFI !!!!!!!!)
Li-ion batterie
Touche screen (nice for computer emulation :rolleyes: )
8 actions buttons (2 next the stick for vertical application)
Same internal stereo HP

I think that all for me :lol:

That would unpayable : :ph34r:

But I wont prefer a touchscreen, becauseI think It wont be as smart as the touchscreen funktion of NDS..

An analouge stick instead of that digital-stick would be better and a direction +

And we need 6 action buttons on the front and 2 shoulder buttons. (for Nintendo64 emulation)

blu as standart would be cool, but ist a thing that I HAVE to get.

And I hope (like everyone else, I think) its backward-campatible :)

I only worry baut the design.The optic..
I really dont want an overdressed ( ;) ) handheld. Look at Gizmondo - that is too much.

Tschüsing Jees'

Jees posted on Aug 31 2004 at 02:28 PM said:
Push...

Are there some new information?

Tschüsing Jees'

How about just enjoying what you have now? Why do we always worry about the "next best thing" all of the time?

Chill ;)

they beat nintendo before, so they can repeat the game :D
i just hope that they won't die because of this
but as it looks, gamepark will take over the world with such "bad marketing"
hell, this rocks :D

PSP-Emulator on GP32 2 would be nice ;P

some phat cpu, a math co-processor and an arm9 would be all we need
:D

i think the new gamepark should really be made with nanomachine technology,injected in our bloodstream.the games would be loaded by way of small pills we insert in our sistem through our mouth,just send it doen with some water.this would then trigger the game sistem thus starting the playing experience.i actually developed a dummy of the sistem as a science project when i was 16,and tested it on my teacher without her knowing it.this sadly led to her instant death due to her brain cells frying.but the basic concept should be feasible with today's technology,i just need funding.you can help my cause by donating money though a secret paypal account located in a server in switzerland.thank you for your cooperation.

Here are just some thoughts. So far Game Park has blown the doors off of Nintendo GBA, when it comes to the specs of each system. It's even better just because it is totally open source. So what's stopping them from making a handheld that is bigger and better than the DS and PSP??

Here are just a few things that would be cool as to the design of the new GP32

-better button layout(4 buttons, setup similar to SNES or PSONE, possibly 4 trigger buttons)

-bigger screen, back-lit

-allow more storage(128mb lasts less than a day before it's full, I don't know about you guys)

-backwards compatible with gp32 games and appz

-Of course it better stay Open Source

Think of how crazy this new system is gonna be if its better than DS and PSP. GBA emulation will be so much better, and even possibly N64 or PSONE emulation. If this system turns out as good, or better than DS and PSP, I would be willing to pay anywhere from $300-400

joeybob posted on Sep 4 2004 at 02:12 PM said:
Here are just some thoughts.  So far Game Park has blown the doors off of Nintendo GBA, when it comes to the specs of each system.  It's even better just because it is totally open source.  So what's stopping them from making a handheld that is bigger and better than the DS and PSP?? 

Here are just a few things that would be cool as to the design of the new GP32

-better button layout(4 buttons, setup similar to SNES or PSONE, possibly 4 trigger buttons)

-bigger screen, back-lit

-allow more storage(128mb lasts less than a day before it's full, I don't know about you guys)

-backwards compatible with gp32 games and appz

-of course, it better stay Open Source

Think of how crazy this new system is gonna be if its better than DS and PSP.  GBA emulation will be so much better, and even possibly N64 or PSONE emulation.  If this system turns out as good, or better than DS and PSP, I would be willing to pay anywhere from $300-400

EDIT: Woops, I clicked "Quote" instead of "Edit"

I would just prefer that make what they have NOW a bit more appealing to people so they can get more commercial games. New technology is great... if it's new by the time it comes out other wise it'll just get trounced by any number of competitors that exist right now or will in the next few coming months.

Back