Gamepark, Gp32 2 (project Name) Coming Soon!

I think I would like:

+ 4 inch screen 320*240 or 640*480 (maybe 2 different resolutions not stuck on either of those)
+ 64mb Ram
+ As many buttons as a playstaion controller minus 1 of the analogue sticks...
+ 400mhz (by later next year-after they miss the deadline 23 times with the onset of the eve this will not seem to high I think.
+ simple GPU and SPU
+ better memory card slot (that takes upto 1gb cards) maybe CF as most well known...
+ firewire port to connect to a PC
+ I also reckon a RAM Dump would be nice - and very useful for multi-card games.
+ easy to port to (total backwards compatability not needed)
+ totally opensource with no Zodiac like restrictions

sebastian_insua posted on Aug 1 2004 at 06:44 PM said:
I think I would like:

+ 4 inch screen 320*240 or 640*480 (maybe 2 different resolutions not stuck on either of those)
+ 64mb Ram
+ As many buttons as a playstaion controller minus 1 of the analogue sticks...
+ 400mhz (by later next year-after they miss the deadline 23 times with the onset of the eve this will not seem to high I think.
+ simple GPU and SPU
+ better memory card slot (that takes upto 1gb cards) maybe CF as most well known...
+ firewire port to connect to a PC
+ I also reckon a RAM Dump would be nice - and very useful for multi-card games.
+ easy to port to (total backwards compatability not needed)
+ totally opensource with no Zodiac like restrictions
You can't shift between the natural rez on led screens. Unless they find some other technology you're going to be stuck on the rez they choose, I'd like 640*480 so someone could have a good crack at n64/ps2 hopefully with the right screen size (not saying it will happen obviously, have to see the specs).

Also, I, along with a lot of other people don't have firewire, usb 2 would make more sense, or just stick with standard usb. People who want fast reading writing would have a card reader.

Last edited by a moderator:
moz posted on Jul 28 2004 at 09:57 AM said:
sam fisher posted on Jul 28 2004 at 09:47 AM said:
lets start a price guessing thing. What do you think the price will be. I will not be spending the money Im saving for the DS and I will save it incase the gp32 2 is a huge amount.
30 grots
...and a turnip.

Wasn't that offside?

As long as it doesnt have an analog stick, is under £150, I can see it in the dark and in the day and it's open source, I will be happy.

Where is this news by the way?

I would pay £210 (at most) if it had the specs I mentioned earlier...

For me its simple

A new card format like CF, MMC or SD
64mb of ram at least 128 preferred
A GPU
Same screen size and res is fine.
At least 2 extra butoons preferably an extra 4.
A Dpad like the Playstation pad or a joystick like the Neo geo pockets
400mhz +
If its arm all the stuff should be easy to port if its not backward compatible.

It would be nice if it could emulate PS1 and maybe N64.

400mhz wont be enough for a 99mhz n64 i think.... but ps1 should work, as long as we have 1gigabyte cards where the games fit on ;)
(maybe a usb connector would be fine so you could plug-in usb hdds :p )

All we need is beefy processor, 32meg ram or more, a better than 128mb storage solution and backward compatibility.

Any more than that and we're in danger of ending up with a Gizmondo. No disrespect to it but I want a games console not a widget.

Wolfsclaw posted on Aug 2 2004 at 01:20 AM said:
400mhz wont be enough for a 99mhz n64 i think.... but ps1 should work, as long as we have 1gigabyte cards where the games fit on ;)
(maybe a usb connector would be fine so you could plug-in usb hdds :p )
Yup..... If Bleem! can run on 233 mhz, then we should be able to get Playstation emulation pretty well on 400 mhz, providing we have enough ram. Did anyone else purchase a copy of Bleem! 1.5B before Bleem! got sued out of business by Sony, or was I the only one on these boards who did?

mastaboog749 posted on Aug 2 2004 at 10:59 PM said:
I just "acquired" The blue version of bleemcast. It cant save though, what version do you have and does it save?
You need a seperate VMU, it needs to fool it into thinking its a PSone memory card, so only PS1 saves on it.

Back