SD/MMC support
LCD : 320x480 , 3,5" 24bit TFT with touchscreen
Sound : 24bit PCM codec, 64Poly MIDI, Stereo speaker
Mic input
4 direction buttons , 8 function buttons, 5 aux buttons
Dual vibration motors
3 Axis accelerometers

craigix said:
Another PMP... looks like their website is quite nice though.

What makes this just another PMP, as opposed to say the Wiz? This looks pretty competitive with it. I don't know if the face button layout will work ideally but the d-pad at least doesn't give off any immediate red flags. Overall it has decent potential.

Would like to know more about the hardware. The first entry on the FAQ on their site looks like it's referring to English documentation, but there's nothing to click on it. Maybe someone can try in another browser? I can only use Firefox here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Exophase said:
craigix said:

What makes this just another PMP, as opposed to say the Wiz? This looks pretty competitive with it. I don't know if the face button layout will work ideally but the d-pad at least doesn't give off any immediate red flags. Overall it has decent potential.

Would like to know more about the hardware. The first entry on the FAQ on their site looks like it's referring to English documentation, but there's nothing to click on it. Maybe someone can try in another browser? I can only use Firefox here.

I agree this looks like a nice little product, definitely more gaming orientated controls than just "another PMP."

How much better is the ARM11 processor at 667MHz (overclockable?) than the Wiz's ARM9 533MHz?? Anyone know?

Thanks sbock :)

this looks fairly interesting :)
i wonder who has the devboards, and what the company are asking of potential developers?

at first glance i would guess its another gba/nes/snes/neo geo thing - but it has a higher res screen than most other devices of that type so perhaps they have something else in mind for it too? plus (to an untrained eye) it looks a fair bit more powerful than required for those emulators.

i'll keep my eye on this!

Just knowing that it's ARM11 and 667MHz isn't much to go on. What's going to make a huge difference is whether or not it has L2 cache and how efficient the memory architecture is. The size of the L1 cache will also be a factor. Some ARM11 devices do have both 32/32KB of L1 and some amount of L2 (i.MX31 has 128KB).

Otherwise, the difference between ARM9 and ARM11 is kind of a wash. ARM11 can fold branches meaning that they're 0 cycles if predicted, vs 3 cycles for taken branches on ARM9, so decently predictable code will perform better. There's also a hardware stack which improves function call/return overhead. On the other hand, the load-use stall is 2 cycles so there'll be more stalls due to that, but the penalty for L1 misses will be a little lower because of the non-blocking cache and hit-under-miss capabilities.

The instruction set offers some more stuff too, but it's mostly pretty specialized. That is, unless this ARM11 is one of the Thumb-2 level ones.

Oh, and the ARM11 probably has VFP, so good for things that need floating point.

It does? The only thing we know about GPH's upcoming console is that it'll have a 3.5" LCD. Many devices have that, not just this.

Oh, and that it'll be amazingly unique somehow. In that regard I don't think this one is stealing anything.

This is way too beige for my liking.

EDIT: I just noticed that in typographical terms, the GP in NXGP is suspiciously similar to the GP in GP2x

EDIT2: Look what I just found on their site (XGP Kids anyone?):

dinkii_reg_direct.gif

Nice specs on some stuff.

That split d-pad looks bad though, looks like a worse version of the PSP pad (shallower).

Also a terrible screen resolution for emulators though so it would not be great for that. Almost nothing goes evenly into 480 x 320 so just about everything would have to be scaled fractionaly in *both* directions making for some extremely ugly game graphics. 640 x 480 would have been much better.

Other than that looks decent.

That's Gamepark, I'm sure of it.

EDIT: The font, the icons at the right are the same as the old GP2X, the xgp mini looking thing, Korean, Message boards look the same,
http://www.gambros.co.kr/product_nXGP_function.php?Index=1 XGP! THE GAME ICON IS THE XGP SHAPE, NOT LIKE THE ACTUAL CONSOLE. XGP WAS TO HAVE 2 OSes TOO.

I'M REALLY EXCITED, AS I THINK I'M RIGHT.

Exophase said:
craigix said:

What makes this just another PMP, as opposed to say the Wiz? This looks pretty competitive with it.

Well as much as the Dingoo is another PMP + all those other PSP clones. There is no 'wow' factor, it just looks like another one of those handhelds. This isn't the GP32/2X era anymore. These things are being launched every week now.

There does not seem to be anything unique about it. I get spam to GBAX every few days from manufacturers of similar looking devices.

The only interesting thing here is it DOES seem to be suggesting a link to the original Gamepark... the mystery deepens.

Exophase said:
It does? The only thing we know about GPH's upcoming console is that it'll have a 3.5" LCD. Many devices have that, not just this.

Oh, and that it'll be amazingly unique somehow. In that regard I don't think this one is stealing anything.

It has some sort of orientation hardware I think (that would be their "unique feature"?). I also feel the "X" on the system is familiar...

Peter R said:
This sounds a lot like the new GPH console that was mentioned by them (Tony Han I think) in a video I saw on youtube... :blink:

GP2X-INT said:
Your Answers:

1) Game Release : Feb ~ May
A.Depending on the games the release date will change
B.Ashura Cross: Feb/Mar
C.Wifi : Feb/Mar

2)FunGP Dev Site: Feb/Mar
A.SDK Manual Guide Release when FunGP Dev Site will Open

3)FunGP Open Site: May

4)When we have the new console ready the first person who will know would be our distributors.

OMFG, they're dumping wiz already!!!

*jks

Seriously though...So according to the above quote, GP Holdings are going to release a successor to Wiz...and Game Park, the company that was founded in 1996 and went bankrupt in March 2007 has now come out of bankruptcy to compete with GP Holdings with another XGP potential failure called...Gambro (sounds like Bang Bros, lol)?

Anyway, below are the 3 XGP failures from Game Park (imho, GP32 was their only good idea, which is why it was not vapourware).

Game Park XGP (first vapourware design)

XGP2.jpg

Game Park XGP (second vapourware design)

xgp.jpg

Game Park mini (lol)

060510_XGP_Mini.JPG
XGP-Mini_149.jpg

Game Park kids (lmfao)
GameParksxgpkids.jpg
060510_XGP_Kids.JPG

Dear, Game Park

If you're not careful Gambro Nxgp will be another vapourware product.

I hope not. :(

SONY said:
I prefer Bang Bros and Bang Bus more. B)

Well the product spec does list "Dual Vibrator Motors" :)

I personally think that Gamepark is back and this is the new XGP. The Korean Wikipedia seem to claim this, too.
Interesting are the hints Nova and (naw)mcx mentioned: GPOS, the XGP-Kids picture, the XGP icon, the same ext connector as the XGP, the same font and so on.
I find a possible Soc for this here. The XGP used a Vrender 3D Soc from MES, but they never have an ARM11 Soc and seem to be out of business now. Any comments?

Here some more info about the original XGP:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-yG-XxANYY&feature=player_embedded

Out of interest, I just checked when gambros.co.kr was registered and it was done in March 2007, the same month Game Park went bankrupt.

I do quite like the look of the Nxgp, although the dpad is a bit.. urg...

sbock said:
I find a possible Soc for this here. The XGP used a Vrender 3D Soc from MES, but they never have an ARM11 Soc and seem to be out of business now. Any comments?

Looks like the SoC used in the pre-3GS iPhone, but with in-house 3D instead of MBX (much like the commercial S5PC100 has in-house 3D instead of SGX). I hope you're not right because this has no L2 cache and only 16/16 L1, and probably not very strong memory subsystem if performance on the old iPhones was any indication. But I think you most likely are right, because so far Korean gaming handhelds all seem to use Korean SoC's, either from Samsung or MES. MES is probably out of the picture and this is the only Samsung SoC that fits the CPU description. Too bad they're not using S5PC100 like Odroid is.

Back