Gambro Nxgp

DaveC said:
It is not a matter of "how I feel" it is a fact, stretching things fractionally both directions will look like shit.

And you say it over and over again. Nonetheless, something looking like "shit" is not a "fact", it's a personal preference. Other people aren't nearly as repulsed by it as you are.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry, im a bit confused here. Does this mean that support for the GP2X Wiz is just going down from here, and even GP is dumping it? I mean, the Wiz is pretty recent, so will it be the successor to the Wiz? And if so, will it be released soon?

huk1164 said:
Sorry, im a bit confused here. Does this mean that support for the GP2X Wiz is just going down from here, and even GP is dumping it? I mean, the Wiz is pretty recent, so will it be the successor to the Wiz? And if so, will it be released soon?

This company and device has nothing to do with Gamepark Holdings, maker of the Wiz. Read the thread, it'll be clearer.

Exophase said:
DaveC said:
It is not a matter of "how I feel" it is a fact, stretching things fractionally both directions will look like shit.

And you say it over and over again. Nonetheless, something looking like "shit" is not a "fact", it's a personal preference. Other people aren't nearly as repulsed by it as you are.
Ok what is a fact is that the pixels will be uneven and distorted as some will be doubled while some will not. If you add a filter to it then the fact is it will lose contrast and look blurier than a standard integer scale or 1:1. Those are facts. Yes whether this distortion bothers you or not isn't a fact.

Exophase said:
huk1164 said:

This company and device has nothing to do with Gamepark Holdings, maker of the Wiz. Read the thread, it'll be clearer.
I did, but I guess I just mis-read it xD;;
Thanks for the fast answer!

the dual boot also will be very good, hope anyone will done same thing on the wiz,
i remember me the 1/4 second booting of yAnl (at *only* 133mhz and 75ko/sec read speed on smc) ^^

linux is maybe really great for fast port but it's sucks on a small platform like this,
how ? the time i'll go to the wc and finish the thing, the wiz just finish to boot xD

It's possible to make Linux boot rather quickly. Using hibernation or suspend might be an option to make booting even faster. Not sure what the hell GPOS is supposed to be but I am not expecting anything attractive...

GPOS is what the GP32 uses. It's just the basics.

I have to agree with rov, one of the reasons I love the GP32 still is the instant on.

I'm very interested in the GamBro - even if its just to tell my friends I have a "GamBro Nxgp" handheld.

Hopefully it will materialize.

Not much news but Gambros renewed their homepage so they're not dead. ;)

http://www.gambros.co.kr/

portable.png

spec.png

They now seem to claim "ipod/ipad" compatibility. Oh, well... :rolleyes:

any news about it? :)
i have listed that can be the old gamepark console...

Back