Future DraStic Android port: help needed

I'm getting people still asking me where to get the bios files, it angers me because they are asking for support for a pirated version.... the nerve of some people.. 

I'm getting people still asking me where to get the bios files, it angers me because they are asking for support for a pirated version.... the nerve of some people.. 
Don't judge pirates since you know not why they are pirating - it could be a minor who can't persuade their parents to buy it and doesn't want to "just use the demo"

Pestering about ROMs and BIOS always happens - I still get it on my TV captures of GPSP on GP2X on YouTube...

Piracy is aways going to happen but the pirates are not your target as customers... but yeah it's annoying.

interesting comment, but I'm not judging them on their piracy, for that would be pretty hypocritical of me, as I'll admit I've tried a game once or twice that didn't have an official demo before spending money on it.

It's just the part where they are asking for support that is irritating.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pirating (arguably) doesn't cost anything. Pirating and then also getting free support definitely costs support time. :p

Would have expected pirated ones to just come with the BIOS. Of course that still means being stuck with an older and buggier version :/ I still get the BIOS questions a lot too, I really have no idea if they're using the older version because they're stuck with a pirated one or they just never updated. Either way, I just tell them the newer versions don't need it.

For the record, I don't really care about people pirating it (but note that I'm partnering with Lordus on this and I do not speak for him), but you would think they'd get further asking for help on their own message boards than asking the original author.

The Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 series shows drastic in google play even though it is a tegra 2. (My tab is a GT-P7510 aka p4wifi)

@Lordus

Any progress on Portrait graphics for the Menu screens?

As usual, my RL is very demanding of my time (In the process of opening a new shop), but if you want to email me (or post a link to) the graphics material you do have, I could see what I can come up with (or try to at least).

No promises that I'll actually get a chance to produce anything useful.

And no expectations that you use anything I create.   :)

Just throwing this out there if you feel you are stretched a bit thin and would like some help.

Just so you know, Lordus is out of town right now so he won't be able to get back to you for a while.

Hey exo you think savestates can become a little faster to load? Now it takes 2-3 seconds until the state is loaded and picture responding which is a little awkward for fast paced games and makes things harder if you save the wrong time.

ps:I am still waitng a fullscreen stretch update...

@exophase

I sent you a pm

I bought drastic yesterday of playstore. For £5.29

But I noticed I got charged twice.

How will it be possible for a £5.29 refund

But still keep my purchase

This comes up sometimes, according to Google it's usually not something that's really happening as multiple charges:

https://support.google.com/googleplay/answer/105940?hl=en

If you actually got two order receipts (with two order numbers) then that's a different story and I should refund one of them. In your case I don't mind refunding both of them since you tested for us, it's up to you though.

Wow guys thanks for the strech screen option now i can finally play without constantly swapping screens!!! <3

Many thanks for the pixel scaling option in the latest update. :)

Great work with the updates by the way, it's a rare treat to see such active development / bug fixing for an Android App.

Awesome to see the Demo already has more than 100K installs.

Hello guys does anyone kow how to add a new cheatcode manually that is not included in the current database? Do i have to edit the dat file on Drastic folder?Thanks in advance.

Back