Full Version Of Vektar

paeryn

Reclusive maniac
Website
paeryn.myby.co.uk
Great work on this version Craigix (and DZZ for the original). The only problem I have with it is the use of X to quit the game at any point. This is the button that's widely used in PS2 and XBox games for making selections (and fire), it's too easy to catch it especially since there doesn't seem to be any way of saying "no I don't really want to quit, let me carry on!" Maybe Quit could be changed to L+R+X?

It is a great game though - it took me numerous attempts to kill that sheep! Well worth the money, let's hope Payback and other commercial games get released soon to go along with all the homebrew.

not for me it isnt, its a bit hard to read the text when its quitting i feel, and i thought we would be able to customise controls :( and i have noticed that the screen seems to shake up and down ingame for some reason, just thought you should know,
apart from those minor faults i think this is AMAZING!, im more hooked on this than i was with geometry wars (partly because this is portable ^-^)

This arrived this morning and it is excellent, I have been playing it for most of the day.

A few things though, should you be able to shoot through the solid walls in levels like "The Station" and "Clean Up"? Most of the bullets just hit the walls and stop, but often the go right through and you can kill an enemy the other side. Also in "Clean Up" your ship can sometimes go through the wall of the U shaped enclosure, when this happens you warp either to the other side of the wall or to another part of the screen, I assume this isn't supposed to happen?

Other than these minor points I am very pleased with the game.

Some bullets might sneak though but it's a trade off for game speed - that real time ogg decoding eats up some serious CPU time ;)

I'll tweak it a bit more and try to get it perect in the first patch. It does not really alter the game though.

Sonistar posted on Aug 12 2006 at 08:00 PM said:
not for me it isnt, its a bit hard to read the text when its quitting i feel, and i thought we would be able to customise controls :( and i have noticed that the screen seems to shake up and down ingame for some reason, just thought you should know,
apart from those minor faults i think this is AMAZING!, im more hooked on this than i was with geometry wars (partly because this is portable ^-^)
Take that back. All hail Geometry Wars! :D

craigix posted on Aug 12 2006 at 08:09 PM said:
I forgot i disabled the custom controls - i'll do a patch for that ASAP.
He he. Quick! Before someone decides that somehow they cannot apply a patch and require a refund!

Last edited by a moderator:
craigix posted on Aug 12 2006 at 06:16 PM said:
Hello :)

X should only work in the menu and title screen, is it happening in game?
Just checked, no X doesn't quit in-game, but X is the button I instinctively press to both start a game and select which level I want to start at. Custom controls are definately needed!

Does the quit screen end after a certain period of time or does it always wait for you to press button? If you have to press a button it would be nice if on the quit screen it said something along the lines of "Press Y to return to the game, any other key to quit". The first time I quit I thought it had locked up.

Cheers for the game, it's just what I needed to cheer me up after having my wallet stolen the other day B)

all hail geometry wars indeed, and craig, any chance of a super hard difficulty setting? first time i played i got to the 3rd area, im stuck on those damn dodging things ARRG! or even a survival mode? sometimes i get really into a level (like the one where all the enemies are MASSIVE) and then it ends :(

Sonistar posted on Aug 12 2006 at 09:09 PM said:
remember im working with nick on kk2x, ive wanted to throw my gp2x out the window with some of the levels i designed for that, youll all come to hate kk2x soon! mwahahah!
Bring on the hate brother!

- Alex

Sonistar posted on Aug 13 2006 at 02:58 PM said:
i think ive created some levels which cant possibly be beat.
Hmm. I don't think most people would call that an accomplishment for a game design.

Actually, thats how I make levels. I make them so they can't possibly be beat, and then tweak it till the difficulty feels right.

Back