Vektar Downloadable Version

J201605

Website
google.com
Hey, I just tried the vektar demo again and realized it is really fun. I now want it but would feel rediculous aying 30 dollars for it. Does anyone know if a downloadable version will be released? If you don't know for sure then do you think there will be one anytime soon? Also how much of a price reduction could I expect if a downloadable version was released? If there isn't going to be a downloadable version anytime soon and if it wouldn't be a significant price reduction then I suppose I will buy the boxed version, but before doing so i need this information.\

Edit: Woops i called the topic payback downloadable version... i meant vektar

I seem to recall Craig saying a download system will be setup once there are a few games available. I'm not sure about prices but I would hope it's reasonably less than the sd versions.

im wanting to know about downloadable versions of both vektar and payback and if they are going to happen and as had been said if downloadable will be cheaper.

the only commercial gp2x game i have bought is blazar because even though the graphics aren't great the game is reasonably priced and I don't need a seperate sd card to play it. plus its actually a lot more fun and unique than i originally thought. the second demo they put out with an 8 minute time limit instead of 2 minutes showed the game to be more fun than i thought. the randomly generated levels and online high scores give it something extra that i haven't seen in a shooter before at least on the gp2x.

the price is fairly high for the games especially for an audience that is used to playing free games on their system. also downloading onto sd cards we already use instead of having to use different sd cards is definitely more appealing to me.

maybe if the games were completely moddable and we could expect tons of extra missions i wouldnt mind going for the $30 plus shipping for the boxed games but as far as what i've seen now i would really like a product i can download.

jbrodack posted on Dec 12 2006 at 10:30 PM said:
im wanting to know about downloadable versions of both vektar and payback and if they are going to happen and as had been said if downloadable will be cheaper.

the only commercial gp2x game i have bought is blazar because even though the graphics aren't great the game is reasonably priced and I don't need a seperate sd card to play it. plus its actually a lot more fun and unique than i originally thought. the second demo they put out with an 8 minute time limit instead of 2 minutes showed the game to be more fun than i thought. the randomly generated levels and online high scores give it something extra that i haven't seen in a shooter before at least on the gp2x.

the price is fairly high for the games especially for an audience that is used to playing free games on their system. also downloading onto sd cards we already use instead of having to use different sd cards is definitely more appealing to me.

maybe if the games were completely moddable and we could expect tons of extra missions i wouldnt mind going for the $30 plus shipping for the boxed games but as far as what i've seen now i would really like a product i can download.

My thoughts exactly

Last edited by a moderator:
Back