Frodo (C64 Emulator)

Great, but there's one problem; when "Load first program" is chosen in the emulator's menu, it types in:

Code:
LOAD":*",8,1

Instead of:

Code:
LOAD"*",8,1

As you can see, a colon is added in when it shouldn't be. Of course, manually typing in the right command works.

Also, I think USB keyboard or joystick support would be great in the future.

Com64 said:
Great, but there's one problem; when "Load first program" is chosen in the emulator's menu, it types in:

Code:
LOAD":*",8,1

Instead of:

Code:
LOAD"*",8,1

As you can see, a colon is added in when it shouldn't be. Of course, manually typing in the right command works.
Fixed. It was hardcoded in sources with a colon. I'm not a Commodore person, so i missed this issue at first glance :) Thank you.

Com64 said:
Also, I think USB keyboard or joystick support would be great in the future.
Yes, i thought about it. I will try to implement it on the next one or two weekends.

There is another fixes in this alpha test release:
--------------------------------------------------
* Slightly change of default control map to be more compatible with GPH Platform Development Guide button description:
I - Menu;
II - Virtual Keyboard;
Home - Quit(immediately);
Pause - Pause;
* Preferences now saving on(and loading from) SD Card. Known issue - it doesn't save the current selected control map, so it will be set at default on the next start.
+ Added pause mode with switching backlight intensity. (Remember, it doesn't restore backlight intensity as it set in firmware preferences(because i don't know how to obtain this value), it will be restored at 75% of maximum brightness).

TODO:
* Support for external controllers(keyboard/joystick);
* Support for TV-OUT mode(when i got my TV-OUT cable);
* VSync issue;
* Sound issue;

Frodo_Caanoo_20110619

Last edited by a moderator:
I've tried lots of games and most games are fine but there are some that don't work properly.
Creatures doesn't work with Frodo. Also on the Wiz it doesn't work with Frodo. Only emulator that does this the right way is VICE.
With Space Taxi, the sounds aren't good on Frodo (people aren't saying "Hé Taxi" :) )

Will we see a VICE port on Caanoo eventually? I sure hope.

Greetings,
Marco

SuperMarcoVer said:
I've tried lots of games and most games are fine but there are some that don't work properly.
Creatures doesn't work with Frodo. Also on the Wiz it doesn't work with Frodo. Only emulator that does this the right way is VICE.
With Space Taxi, the sounds aren't good on Frodo (people aren't saying "Hé Taxi" :) )
Frodo is a lack of compatibility, that's right. But it's fast enough to run on Caanoo without any tweaking or overclocking(more battery life and gameplay time :).
SuperMarcoVer said:
You will :) VICE is porting on Caanoo by Rikku2000.

Silly question, but how do I use this file on the Caanoo? There's no INI or anything. Sorry but I'm new to the workings of this wonderful handheld... :)

CaanDoo said:
Silly question, but how do I use this file on the Caanoo? There's no INI or anything. Sorry but I'm new to the workings of this wonderful handheld... :)
Just download package from the first thread message and unpack it in /game dir on Caanoo. After that replace the Frodo executable with this file, that you downloaded already :)

Aion said:
SuperMarcoVer said:
Frodo is a lack of compatibility, that's right. But it's fast enough to run on Caanoo without any tweaking or overclocking(more battery life and gameplay time :) .
SuperMarcoVer said:
You will :) VICE is porting on Caanoo by Rikku2000.

Wow, didn't know that! Great news!

BAFelton said:
Links don't work anymore ?
It works for me.

Here, a minor update:
* Fixed saving keymap selection within the preferences.
* Cursor in disk menu remember it's position between selecting files(helpful when a file list is HUGE).

Frodo_20110703

I'm currently working on implementing input handler for an external devices(keyboard/joystick), but i'm slowing down until the end of august.

sorry if this is the wrong place to post this how do you load rom on this frodo newest version Frodo_20110703
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/59598-frodo-c64-emulator/page__st__30

i have made a roms folder with some roms in it in the frodo folder with .tap file extension unzipped.i load frodo up then press 1button to get to options i use the attach image/load prg/sna... option by pressing B'button then i pick my rom by pressing B'button then im stuck. ive used the load first program option,then i get this

ready

load"*",8,1

searching for *
?device not present error
ready.
run

ready.

and ive tryed the other load option load disk browser but i get a simalar mesage below

ready

load"x",8,1

searching for x
?device not present error
ready.
run

searching for $
?device not present error in 10
ready.

any help load my games/roms would (is there any knownworking games i should try first that are working ?) be most greatful

You say, you want to load a TAP file, right? TAP stands for Tape, tapes on the C64 were loaded with a simple

Load

or

Load"*",1,1

the

Load"*",8,1

was used to load from floppy.

what is the file extinsion for c64 floppies is it .NIB like tapes are .tap

File Listings for Commodore 64.

.d64 Commodore 64 5.25 Floppy Disk Files
.g64 Protected Commodore 64 5.25 Floppy Disk Files (needed for games like Realms of Darkness)
.d71 Commodore 128 5.25 Floppy Disk Files
.d81 Commodore 64 3.25 Floppy Disk files
.prg Raw Commodore Program File (can be put into a .d64 file)
.p00 Raw Commodore Program File
.t64 Commodore 64 Tape File (Fast Load)
.tap Commodore 64 Raw Tape File (Original Snail Load) (Can be renamed to t64 but will remain snail load)

If there are any others, please feel free to update my list.

I like to take the .d64 files for the Plus 4/C16 Computers and rename them to .d16 to associate them with Vice's Plus 4 Emulator.

thanks for your advice guys ive got it working,the games and frodo that is.it turns out someone are something changed the file extencions on my rom games colection and frodo could'nt find them there now the d64 standard.and the sit where i was getting the games roms which i own was also giving me strange file extensions like .tap for tapes and .nib for floppies .told the site and got the game roms from some where else that work great

PS. what are your guys fav games for frodo
i like mario,jet set willy,giana sisters,batman to name but a very SMALL FEW

Oh, I just remembered! You should have the shift keys change when pressing shift on the onscreen keyboard so people who don't know the keyboard layout can type properly.

I love Turrican. That's what I play the most. :p

I can't remember anything else, it's been a while... Oh! Ghosts and Goblins and... what was it...

Back