Problem With Frodo

psymon

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
hi,

i have a problem with frodo(b12 blu2).

when i attach a .d64 file and press select to run it, it types 'LOAD":*",8,1:' instead of 'LOAD"*",8,1' which causes a syntax error. when i type it with the virtual keyboard, it doesn't work either and frodo seems to reset.
when i then try to attach an other file, there's no reaction at all..

hope this explanation is understandable :rolleyes:

would be great , if someone could help, because i'd love to play the c64 classics on my gp.
thanks in advance :)

hey there!

Try the option that says something like "browse directory" then use the letter corresponding to the game file. It's probably that the game is not the first program on the disk.

the colon : is fine, not sure why but it always works ok this way.

If you're still having problems, try another disk or tape image.

can't believe the gp32x meanies didn't reply to you for this long, busy with drmd and mame I suppose :)

happy gaming

Hi,

I have just tried loading a .d64 program and the message is printed as you say but the program still loads ok. All the .d64 programs I load all say Load":*",8,1: and work. However I have a different problem which was mentioned in a previous thread in January. Impossible Mission will not load completely. It resets Frodo and gives the error Jump to I/O space at 7F73 to DD03.: Reset. Has there been a new version of Frodo to fix this problem yet? Apparently Frodopc does not have this problem.

frodopc.fxe comes with gpfrodo, if it works in that, then I suggest you use it!

there are many games that will not work, try other disk versions if you can, but it's not always possible to get them going.

frolik posted on Mar 23 2005 at 12:49 AM said:
frodopc.fxe comes with gpfrodo, if it works in that, then I suggest you use it!

there are many games that will not work, try other disk versions if you can, but it's not always possible to get them going.

Thanks for that Frolik. I didn't realise that the frodopc program was the same. Impossible mission now works. The readme.gp32 file in the distribution zip does not mention using frodopc.fxe and only says to use frodo.fxe.
As you say not all programs work correctly as there are still some sprite collision issues with other programs ie Beamrider (can't get extra lives). Oh well at least I can play Impossible mission. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
no problemo, let me know if you have other games you want working as I've spent ages playing with frodo for best results and I have a huge list of working games on my smc

Back