Frodo Doesn't Save D64 Changes?

SvOlli

Certified Guru
Website
svolli.org
Hi there!

Yesterday I came to the brilliant conclusion that Pirates! running on Frodo (beta 11) would be a very nice time sink. So I installed the D64 images. It runs like a charm, the only problem is if I save my progress using the "save game" feature of the game, the result will not be saved to the D64 image. If I use the "save snapshot" feature of Frodo I'll get a blank list, if I select the first entry Frodo hangs.

Anyone else experienced problems like this?

(Hint: there's a packer plugin for Total Commander that lets you copy prg files out of d64/t64 images.)

Greetings,
SvOlli

I merrily started using the savestates with Beta 10, and they lasted a few sessions but on the next occaision I swithced it on and all the saves were gone! This has happened a few times so I really can't trust them now so don't use them which is a shame (haven't even trusted them in Beta 11 yet), there was talk of a fix for the T64 problem straightaway (fixed in 11) but no word on a savestate fix yet, i know it took a while to implement them so I assume they aren't easy to patch up...

®

Frodo supports writing savestates now but cannot (yet) write to d64 files (the virtual c64 disks). These two things are totally different.

Savestates let you save certain game positions so next time you load them up you start where you ended.
When the c64 wants to write to virtual floppy (d64) frodo won´t do it. So all those hight score that require saving to floppy won´t work.
For example playing the excellent GUNSHIP is still frustrating because this game also stores duty rosters on floppy.

TomVS posted on Sep 7 2004 at 08:12 PM said:
Frodo supports writing savestates now but cannot (yet) write to d64 files (the virtual c64 disks). These two things are totally different.
I know that and I know the differences. My problem is that saving my progress on Pirates! doesn't work either way. First have of my question is answered: d64s don't get saved. The other one I found out myself: saving takes up to 20 seconds. Seems to work now...

Greetings,
SvOlli

Last edited by a moderator:
Back