Frodo File Limit + Zip Support

pauljh

Still Fresh
Hi All,
I wonder if someone could help me with a few questions about frodo. I wanted to put a load of T64,D64 images on a SMC (filling it to within 2 meg) and then go through them all to find out what worked, etc etc. But with 1700 indidivual files frodo just looks up for 5 minutes when I do attach image and then reboots the GP32. Anyone know the file limit for frodo?, also is there any plans for frodo to support zipped images in the future?.

Ta!

pauljh posted on Oct 9 2004 at 03:05 PM said:
Hi All,
I wonder if someone could help me with a few questions about frodo. I wanted to put a load of T64,D64 images on a SMC (filling it to within 2 meg) and then go through them all to find out what worked, etc etc. But with 1700 indidivual files frodo just looks up for 5 minutes when I do attach image and then reboots the GP32. Anyone know the file limit for frodo?, also is there any plans for frodo to support zipped images in the future?.

Ta!

You could do the testing on the Windows or Linux version of Frodo. They're pretty much the same.

Last edited by a moderator:
yes i tend to divide them up into alphabetical folders. same with spectrum stuff.

i suspect there might not ever be zip support for Frodo (which is a shame) on the GP as the the original version doesnt support it.

still, id love to be proven wrong - those d64s take up a lot of space uncompressed after a while

Pretty obvious really to put them in there own directories!, probably didn't think of it as I'm use to using fMSX etc which have all the roms in one directory.

Thanks for the tip guys, works fine now!!

Back