Frodo (C64 Emulator)

Aion

Still Fresh
I made a port of Frodo(Commodore64 emulator). It's based on Wiz port(based on GP2X port(based on ...)). So, all of platform dependent code are mess.. That's why i need beta testing of this port! I can't improve quality of emulation, but i can improve port stability.
Try images of D64 format! I don't know can it handle other types of images or not.
Sometimes pressing left stick causing volume down - known issue.

Here it is!

mum!!!!MUMMMMM!!!!!!!!! thanks you so much! i'll test it when i get home :D

Aion said:
I made a port of Frodo(Commodore64 emulator). It's based on Wiz port(based on GP2X port(based on ...)). So, all of platform dependent code are mess.. That's why i need beta testing of this port! I can't improve quality of emulation, but i can improve port stability.
Try images of D64 format! I don't know can it handle other types of images or not.
Sometimes pressing left stick causing volume down - known issue.

Here it is!

Hopefully having my wiz port did help (it should have, all that should be needed is analog stick support), as when I did this (what ever i started with) it wasnt a easy port from what i remember.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pickle said:
Hopefully having my wiz port did help (it should have, all that should be needed is analog stick support), as when I did this (what ever i started with) it wasnt a easy port from what i remember.
Of course it helped a lot. All i've done are: fixed blitting procedure and added stick support. That's all. In fact, I waited when you done this port by yourself, but was tired already and do it by myself. Please, no offence! :)

Its a good start but Im unable to move more than a few steps on any of my games. Speed seems to be pretty good though. Keep up the good work and the $100 bounty will be yours!

Aion said:
Pickle said:
Of course it helped a lot. All i've done are: fixed blitting procedure and added stick support. That's all. In fact, I waited when you done this port by yourself, but was tired already and do it by myself. Please, no offence! :)

No its fine, ive been busy with other projects I probably wouldn't have gotten to it as soon as you have.

qbertaddict said:
Its a good start but Im unable to move more than a few steps on any of my games. Speed seems to be pretty good though. Keep up the good work and the $100 bounty will be yours!
If you wish to express your gratitude, send this money to Pickle :) Port mostly based on his code. I'm only wanted to get C64 games and demos on my Caanoo :)
On weekends I try to correct input handler for joystick axis.

Pickle said:
No its fine, ive been busy with other projects I probably wouldn't have gotten to it as soon as you have.
When i done, maybe we are try to merge with each other versions? I publish the sources with my changes.

Aion said:
qbertaddict said:
If you wish to express your gratitude, send this money to Pickle :) Port mostly based on his code. I'm only wanted to get C64 games and demos on my Caanoo :)

Pickle said:
When i done, maybe we are try to merge with each other versions? I publish the sources with my changes.

Aion thanks, I was wondering what your motive might be for working on the port. If qbertaddict indeed wants to make a donation I have no problem sharing as we both did work on it.

If your changes do not effect the original wiz changes so it builds as i released it then just replace my source with yours.

Pickle said:
Aion said:
qbertaddict said:

Pickle said:

Aion thanks, I was wondering what your motive might be for working on the port. If qbertaddict indeed wants to make a donation I have no problem sharing as we both did work on it.

If your changes do not effect the original wiz changes so it builds as i released it then just replace my source with yours.

I have no problem splitting the reward ;) Do you happen to have the source to the caanoo version. I want to take a look at it. Ive been trying to get it to compile myself

Nice job guys, hey is there any way to make it tv-out compatible for the Cannoo and Wiz as well, as it is one of the few emulators left without tv-out support.

Just a question :

I found this vid here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSOZOzbJqGw

I know the music is from Rob Hubbard "Lightforce" on C64, but does anybody know what version it is ? It seems like cover.

Thanx.

Loaded this up a played a few games. The Joystick gets confused with the Volume Control (as you indicated) and refuses to work with most games. Tried Sword of Fargoal. It Loaded, but the Joystick is really slow to non-working and once again interferes with the Volume control when you move the stick left and right. Maybe the volume control should be a Menu Item instead of a Joystick item. Barbarian by Palace (Intro loaded, but not the game) and the entire Blast from the Past collection refused to load. That may be a Menu Problem with the Blast series though. Also loading problem with games that don't have "*" as the Initial Load Program. No way to select them even with a Directory Scanner. A Disk Indicator light would be useful as well for the d64 loading sequence. The Keyboard works fine, so don't mess with it. Thank you for your hard work and your continued support of C64 on the Caanoo. Hopefully Frodo and VICE will make its way on the Caanoo. Also, is there any way to get the full Square displayed instead of just the two top bars of the C64 screen. Some games expand out to the Entire square, but the sides are cut off. Thank you once again. As far as the formats, are concerned. .D64 works, .PRG works, and T64 Works. Haven't tried .p00 or .tap yet.

Thanks for bringing Frodo to the Caanoo! I've been playing around with it but unfortunately it's not playable because the stick isn't working. I looked at the .key file but i don't understand it. :)
The emulator seems to run smooth.

Greetings,
Marco

Hello again!

Changelog:
* Fixed control issues(hopefully all of...);
* Added menu option to show 1541 drive activity(work only when 1541 emulation is on);

Known issues:
- When disk menu has two panes, wrong filename taking to load;

Frodo 20110612
(Simply replace executable!)

Controls are great now. We just need a little more speed and it would be perfect. I will give you guys the $100 prize on thursday if you can get a little more speed out of it. Overclocking it using a gpu file does not seem to help.

Wow! Seems to work pretty good! For some games the screen isn't perfect (size) but it's not a big deal.
It would be nice to be able to configure the buttons by ourselfs. For example with H.E.R.O. it would be nice to configure a button for joystick down so that you can lay a bomb with a button. O well....... :)

BAFelton said:
Just a question :

I found this vid here

I know the music is from Rob Hubbard "Lightforce" on C64, but does anybody know what version it is ? It seems like cover.

Thanx.
It's Puffy64's version. You can get it and lot's of other remixes here:
http://remix.kwed.org/index.php?search=lightforce
Try the mind.in.a.box version

Alfheira said:
BAFelton said:
Just a question :

I found this vid here

Thanx.
It's Puffy64's version. You can get it and lot's of other remixes here:
http://remix.kwed.org/index.php?search=lightforce
Try the mind.in.a.box version

:D :D :D :D GREAT !!!! :D :D :D :D I love it ! Thanx a lot !!

Back