free PC games (steam)

@DREDD

Is Contagion any good?

I don't mind dated graphics... just wondering if you've had any fun with it?

I currently own not a single Zombie survival game, as it's not really my genre... but the idea it 'generates random content to make each session unique', and tries to be realistic is appealing... also, 'old-school Zombies' caught my attention... am not a fan of the modern take on zombies.

So if you recommend it, I'll give it a shot (to the head) ;)

Also, am I correct in assuming you have 4 copies to give away? or is that a typo?

@DREDD

Is Contagion any good?
I haven't tried it yet, but it has 76% approval from people who bought it on Steam, which is fairly decent.

Yes I have 4 spare copies.  I sent you a key.

Last edited by a moderator:
@DREDD

Is Contagion any good?

I currently own not a single Zombie survival game, as it's not really my genre... but the idea it 'generates random content to make each session unique', and tries to be realistic is appealing... also, 'old-school Zombies' caught my attention... am not a fan of the modern take on zombies.

Also, am I correct in assuming you have 4 copies to give away? or is that a typo?

There are 2 reasons I held off.  The first is I don't have time for it right now and already have enough distractions.  The second is that from what I gather, without looking much, this was a kickstarter campaign a few years ago in which one of the stretch goal thingies was Linux and Mac ports which has still not happened, and with little sign that they are coming soon (just an excuse that they don't have time to fulfill their promise).  I would ask for or buy a copy if there was a Linux version despite not wanting another distraction from more important things.  Some of the ideas they mentioned sound good, but why should I take their word for it when they failed to deliver on one of the things that makes it most appealing to me?  I will wait for them to release it for Linux and then consider it again.

What has that got to do with anything in this thread?

I was replying to someone about one of the games offered here.  I shared why I am skipping it, and my thoughts/opinions about a game and the people behind it.  Is that a problem for you?

@DREDD

Is Contagion any good?

There are 2 reasons I held off.  The first is I don't have time for it right now and already have enough distractions.  The second is that from what I gather, without looking much, this was a kickstarter campaign a few years ago in which one of the stretch goal thingies was Linux and Mac ports which has still not happened, and with little sign that they are coming soon (just an excuse that they don't have time to fulfill their promise).  I would ask for or buy a copy if there was a Linux version despite not wanting another distraction from more important things.  Some of the ideas they mentioned sound good, but why should I take their word for it when they failed to deliver on one of the things that makes it most appealing to me?  I will wait for them to release it for Linux and then consider it again.
I noticed it got several bad reviews on Steam because of the missing Mac / Linux versions.  So it's probably a slightly better game than the 76% suggests, if you discount that reason for negative reviews!

I got 3 more copies to get rid of, gotta be positive.

If there is still a Contagion I'll happily take it. (So I can test my new shiny Win 8.1 PC)

If there is still a Contagion I'll happily take it. (So I can test my new shiny Win 8.1 PC)

okay... still two more Contagions to go!

Also these games are available:

- Euro Truck Simulator 2

- Teslagrad

- Doodle God

Teslagrad has a pretty good rating.  I don't want it (yet), however it looks like something I might like (puzzles!).

Regarding the lower ratings for Contagion due to no Mac and Linux versions, it seems wrong to do that on Steam, however I understand people being pissed about buying a game with the expectation that it would be playable on one's OS of choice, then waiting around for years with little sign of that happening.  Still looks fun.

Back