free PC games (steam)

sswam

Advanced Member
I have spare steam keys for several games, mostly thanks to the Humble Bundle.

Many of them should work on Mac and/or Linux in addition to Windows.

Please tell me if you can provide a good home for some of these games!

I will cross games off, and maybe add more games later.

Feel free to give away your dup games in this thread too.

See here for an up-to-date list:

http://sam.nipl.net/free-games.html

Last edited by a moderator:
You can try it and find out! I like Blocks that Matter, played a little of Tetrobot and co. but didn't continue it yet.

Man, just another reason for me to not like steam, I would love to have botanicule, but without the will to support steam, I'll guess I have to pay for it someday :mellow:

That reminds me, anybody interested in this:

• Evil Genius
  • MegaDrive "Pack": Alexx Kid,Comix Zone, Golden Axe, Gunstar heroes, Ristar, Streets of Range 1+2, Sonic 1-3
they are bound to a dotemu account, so I would need an eMail - address in order to transfer the account. But I would not give it away for free, I would like to see a small donation to the preorder fund in return.

Edit: totally forgot, thanks for sharing that with the community !

Man, just another reason for me to not like steam, I would love to have botanicule, but without the will to support steam, I'll guess I have to pay for it someday :mellow:
thatgui, I could give you the steam key for Botanicula, and the DRM-free binaries that go with it...

I have two copies, from Humble Botanicula Debut, Humble Weekly Sale: Hosted by PewDiePie.

Not sure if that's mild piracy or not, and I don't care!

You can have the soundtrack too (again, I own two copies), it has a good soundtrack.

Weird, the Windows installer for Botanicula is much smaller than Linux or Mac installers, 537.6MB vs 700MB.

Anyway if you want to do that, please PM me. I'll send you the files via my server.

As for me, I'm happy to use Steam, especially now that Steam is strongly supporting Linux gaming. I tend to buy games through humble widget or humble store, to get DRM-free and a steam key, but install them using steam.

thatgui, I could give you the steam key for Botanicula, and the DRM-free binaries that go with it...

I have two copies, from Humble Botanicula Debut, Humble Weekly Sale: Hosted by PewDiePie.

Not sure if that's mild piracy or not, and I don't care!

You can have the soundtrack too (again, I own two copies), it has a good soundtrack.
Thanks for the offer, but now that I'am earning a solid wage, I'd like to stay as legal as possible in such matters. I'll sure buy it in the next couple of months via gog.
Weird, the Windows installer for Botanicula is much smaller than Linux or Mac installers, 537.6MB vs 700MB.
Who nows what weird things adobe is doing in their linux/BSD version of Adobe Air
As for me, I'm happy to use Steam, especially now that Steam is supporting gaming on Linux. I tend to buy through humble store by preference, so I get DRM-free + steam keys, but I install and play the games through steam where possible.
I have no problem with their basic principle - altough I was a little underwhelmed by the client, I like the idea of such a service, I would even pay a small, monthly fee to use it. I just don't want to support their DRMed system - you are free to do otherwise of course.

i would take Receiver. it's a quickie gamejam from Wolfire that sounds interesting to try out - seems like more of a proof of concept than an actual game.

- King's Bounty: The Legend

- Thomas Was Alone

- Overgrowth Alpha

- Receiver

Also,

- Men of War
- Men of War: Red Tide

Can i have only the soundtrack to these?

Can you describe the process of checking and giving away in firstpost? Good initative.

Good thinking sswam. I just bought fez though... could I have Gish if it's still available?

Here's a few keys I have:

Tobe's Vertical Adventure

Nuclear Dawn

Pacific Storm

RIP Trilogy

Edna & Harvey: Harvey's New Eyes

SpaceChem

Legendary

NightSky

Waking Mars

Anomaly Warzone Earth

Dead Space

Bioshock

A.R.E.S.

Sanctum

Dear Esther

Also if anybody wants Desura keys I have:

Holy Avatar vs. Maidens of the Dead

Lucius and Alien Shooter 2: Conscription pack

Paranautical Activity

Fairy Bloom Freesia

Chester

Survivor Squad

Battlepaths

I added a few more to the list, including:

- Brütal Legend

- Garry's Mod

I have plenty unneeded keys too, will add them soon when gathered.

- Men of War

- Men of War: Red Tide
I'd love this, if you still have them. I have a copy of Gmod if anyone would like it.

I also have the following on Origin if anyone wants them:

Dead Space

Burnout Paradise

Crysis 2 Max Edition

Dead Space 3

Medal Of Honour

Mirrors Edge

Populous

Back