Forum And Blog Lag?

SuperRoach

Still Fresh
I've noticed that when looking on my home pc, the blog posts, and the forum postings are out of date, compared to the work machines I'm checking the blog on. It's very off putting!

Is there some form of caching, or similar I can look into?
To make sure it wasn't my pc, I tried it on a few other pcs in the house, all the same. It's only at work I've been able to see the more recent news. Often its a few days or more up to date.

Yes, I know it sounds crazy :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
No, It's not date based.

The most recent post I can see is "The final countdown".

At work, there is a post about the nubs being delayed after that, as an example. It's blog posts appearing on one place, but not another.

Try clearing your cache? Your browser might be using the pages in its cache and not checking for a more recent version of the page.

It might be you ISP. Some perform transparent caching, and you've no idea when the cache expires. Sometimes they don't even know themselves.

I guess it's the isp.
It is odd how the forums, and the website both are out of date. But then again, im seeing posts made just now by you.

I would have thought that the sql would have the latter news stories in the news section, but it's the latest that I can see (the nub story isn't there for example). If I send a direct link from work to here, I'll get a 404 as well.

LOL Australian ISP's... as if they don't have enough crap that they do already. I feel bad for Australians, get kind of screwed over internet wise. Did anyone read that article on how they redirect traffic they don't like to other places?

For me, It's Internode . Which is odd, as their by far the best isp in australia, setting up new links all the time.

Back