For Anyone Who Cares...

craigix i can realy sugest you stocking/trying gp 2500mah batterys, they seem to give me the longest life (5h+), through i havent tried ansmann yet.

Oh and dont forget that a good charger makes hell off a difference, i have a normal 9€ cheapass charger that makes the batterys only last about 3-4 hours, sometimes even less, and i have that super expensive voltcraft charger (70€ a few years back) and with that i get the 5h+

edit: i just saw that there are 2600mah gp batterys now, and 2700 seems to be arround the corner (there are pictures but no info/price)
I wonder what a difference they make compared to 2500

craigix i can realy sugest you stocking/trying gp 2500mah batterys, they seem to give me the longest life (5h+), through i havent tried ansmann yet.

Oh and dont forget that a good charger makes hell off a difference, i have a normal 9€ cheapass charger that makes the batterys only last about 3-4 hours, sometimes even less, and i have that super expensive voltcraft charger (70€ a few years back) and with that i get the 5h+

Really? GPs are very cheap here. But they always had a bad reputation so I avoided them. I'll buy a couple on friday and see how they run compared.

Thanks for the info.

Last edited by a moderator:
Changing the sound volume isn't implemented yet. You can just go into the music player, set the volume, and play your game. System wide sound volume apparently.

Is it complicated to add volume or something? There are getting to be ALOT of emulators that ignore the volume control. Stupid GPH!! why couldn't they have put in a goddamn analog knob like the GP32 :angry: GOD GPH does some stupid things ;)

I wanted to make a background pic for this. The old one was awesome I just wanted something a bit more muted (darker to not distract). When I copied it back it was all glitched and scrambled. I just took the old one and modified it. Is the palette fixed or something?

Changing the sound volume isn't implemented yet. You can just go into the music player, set the volume, and play your game. System wide sound volume apparently.

Is it complicated to add volume or something? There are getting to be ALOT of emulators that ignore the volume control. Stupid GPH!! why couldn't they have put in a goddamn analog knob like the GP32 :angry: GOD GPH does some stupid things ;)
Well on the plus those volume buttons shall be useful for vertical games/

I have it on the PSP.  When you stretch full screen it is a blurry mess.
Indeed. Like crap to be more specific.

I really don't understand how most people can tolerate the nastiness that usually happens on LCD stretching :blink:

They insist that every mm of the screen is covered. Even though it is filled with uglyness, pixel distortion, and rippley scrolling, at least it is filled. Alot of people generally don't care about quality they just want "their moneys worth" and I guess they feel like they are getting jipped if every last pixel isn't being used.

Of course as said the volume buttons can be used as controls aswell which is pretty cool. I guess you could think of the volume buttons as just an extra two buttons, that happen to be programmed most of the time for changing th volume. Having those along with a volume wheel would be the best thing though :-/

Back to the SNES emu itself:

Squidge do you think the changes that Reesy made to the sound core could be used it this emu? The sound on the GP32 is real good. I found that the sound on this GP2X version was kind of "fluttery" and distorted. I think he released the source after his changes, might be useful.

I have it on the PSP. When you stretch full screen it is a blurry mess.
Indeed. Like crap to be more specific.

I really don't understand how most people can tolerate the nastiness that usually happens on LCD stretching :blink:

They insist that every mm of the screen is covered. Even though it is filled with uglyness, pixel distortion, and rippley scrolling, at least it is filled. Alot of people generally don't care about quality they just want "their moneys worth" and I guess they feel like they are getting jipped if every last pixel isn't being used.

thats completely incorrect. i really dont know where all this uglyness about scaling came from, but it seems to have been just you, any SSNES game i play with stretching looks just as good as without, its nothing to do with "getting your moneys worth" it just looks better so you dont have to squint to see things =|

Ohh, I can see the difference in stretching now that its pointed out to me (Try SMB2 and look at Luigi's eyes, walk a bit, and look again, at some point it gets an extra pixel).

But, I don't notice it while I'm playing, and prefer to have it fullscreen. Its a tradeoff I'm willing to make because I have rediculously low standards where Audio and Video are involved, its a huge blessing on my pocketbook.

I paid for my pixels, and they're going to waste D:

I've found a bug with SquidgeSNES. Sometimes the sound gets broken running it and it breaks all other minilib games, too. And sometimes it breaks the videoplayer, too =\.

New version is looking very nice, nice to see the main bug with the sprites fixed, all the games are now very enjoyable and playable - even DKC (My all time favourite).

One thing I've noticed is DKC 1 grinds to nearly a halt on daytime outside levels (but not nighttime/rainy outside levels). Is this due to some kind of sky effect lagging it behind?

Also, in Super Mario All-Stars, Mario is now visible, but there is still some graphics corruption on the sky (The sky is green instead of blue).

Other than that, wonderful :)

Back