First Play Reports!

Thanx for the reply Woogal....right when i said newbie....I mean newbie!!! :huh:

I copied the quake folder into the root of the sd card with the quake launcher file. I havent edited the launcher file, but when i opened it in notepad it has some weird characters that look like little squares..are they needed?

Thanks and sorry for being so green!!! :unsure:

Also...are there any other files needed?

Have you got the .pak file from a copy of Quake? You need to put that into the id directory off the quake directory. If you're putting the quake launcher and directory in the root of the card, I don't think you need to change any of the files.

I copied the quake folder into the root of the sd card with the quake launcher file. I havent edited the launcher file, but when i opened it in notepad it has some weird characters that look like little squares..are they needed?
If you've not changed qlaunch then you should have a structure like this -

/quake/quake.gpe
/quake/id1/pak0.pak (pak0.pak isn't included in the zip - you'll have to download it from somewhere)
qlaunch.gpe can go anywhere you like

sounds like you've already got the quake folder in the right place, so all I can think is you're either missing pak0.pak or it's got corrupted.

Last edited by a moderator:
:unsure:
Opps.....Thanks guys...looks like i need to get the pak file then!! :huh:

Thanks for your kind help.....:)

I got it working!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Woohoooooooo

Sorry goto go playing!!!!

:huh:

just had my gp2x delivered to the wrong addres!

:(

f@~#ksticks at royal mail!

looks like i'm gonna have to wait another 24hours till i get my hands the 'precious'

anyhow... a wee question... do you need to have a certain version of quake, or wll it run fine with v1.01?

probably a stupid question, but...

cheers! :)

I got it working!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Woohoooooooo

Sorry goto go playing!!!!

:huh:

just had my gp2x delivered to the wrong addres!

:(

f@~#ksticks at royal mail!

looks like i'm gonna have to wait another 24hours till i get my hands the 'precious'

anyhow... a wee question... do you need to have a certain version of quake, or wll it run fine with v1.01?

probably a stupid question, but...

cheers! :)

It just uses the data-files (textures,sounds etc) so the version is completly unimportant.

Woogal......I get to move around at the start part but when i enter the transporter for the next level it dumps back to desktop. I think I have the pocket pc pak file does this make a difference?

Cheers m8 :)

Unit:

My first thought was that it's small! Tiny! Actually it's not much different dimensions wise to the GP32, but it feels more compact for some reason. The build quaility's good, no probs with the joystick for me, although it does feel quite tight when you're used to the GP32's stick.

LOL It does feel tiny, next to the GP32. I had to put them side by side I thought I was going mad. I was "their the same size".

Woogal......I get to move around at the start part but when i enter the transporter for the next level it dumps back to desktop. I think I have the pocket pc pak file does this make a difference?
I've heard a few people say that now. Works fine for me though so it might be difficult to track the problem down. It's possible the final units have slightly less memory available than the dev units. Quake normally asks for 8mb, but I increased it to 16 just in case any mod needed more than 8. I'll try and get a test version out later today with the memory back to 8mb.

Nice one Woogal...:)

I will keep an eye out for it and report back with the result..:)

Thanx Again! :)

I'm experiencing crashing videos too...the first time I played a clip it worked fine but when I looked at the next one it locked up after about 30 seconds, and now all video crashes upon launch.

Its a bit annoying, but I cant say I'm that bothered as its early days yet...will prob be fixed with the new firmware upgrade.

I've heard a few people say that now. Works fine for me though so it might be difficult to track the problem down. It's possible the final units have slightly less memory available than the dev units. Quake normally asks for 8mb, but I increased it to 16 just in case any mod needed more than 8. I'll try and get a test version out later today with the memory back to 8mb.

I've played it and managed to get to the third level, first chapter (normal difficulty)

Back