View On The New Joystick Caps

Sonistar

Website
www.whitestarproductions.co.uk
yeah well today i woke up and noticed that the new cap came in
( suprisinly fast, one day delivery, didnt expect that since my gp2x took a week and a bit to arrive ^-^ )

After pulling off the first cap and placing the new one one the first thing i noticed was that the cap sticks up a lot more than the old one.
This does make playing games a lot easier but its SLIGHTLY harder to put it in my slip case now, I think better game play is worth this EXTREMELY SMALL annoyance.

The second thing you notice about the cap is the GP2X logo on it, this does not look that good under another gp2x logo on the top left of the unit. It provides a bit of grip but i feel that a circle or something would provide better grip IMO.

Now to try it out, booting up the unit and messing about with the menu for 5 minutes was a lot faster now, except its now a bit harder to get the unit to recognise "up". Not much of a problem though.

Hmm, now to try out a game... i choose streets of rage 3 on DRMDX ^-^
ok em, WOW, i forgot how good i am at street of rage, the cap respond SOO much better than the old piece of junk... wait, is that me just completed it? i never completed that with the old cap..

phht try another game..

ok Dynamite headdy, ive been stuck on the last level for agessss- wait completed that too.

Wow im good and its NOT the cap... XD

Oh yeah and that previous problem over the pressing "up" completely disappeared when i started up DRMDX.

In conclusion i think this cap is definately worth changing to if you sadly use the old horror stick.
Ive not tryed the DaveC stick so i cant compare on that so sorry -_-

So your choice, buy now or wait and buy Vectar and get it as a freebie,
It changes the Gp2x ALOT for the better

Cool, Vektar is also a lot easier to play with the new cap.

You can probably mod the cap with ease if you want to file off the gp2x logo and put some circles in it, I didn't think it was fair to use circles as that was daveC's design.

I'm planning on buying a gp2x but where can i buy the new cap since i dont know if liksang sells the new unit

Hey, been out of the loop for a while. Just wondering how we get hold of these caps?

Edit: Nevermind, I found out how to get it at www.gp2x.co.uk. Just paid for one :)

You know the little sticks are cool, but I saw some
d-pad conversions on the forums using the Gamecube Dpad and they look sweet.

Bought two. They are really good. Won't ever be as good as a dpad but defo better. Better tha PSP controls put it that way.

Got mine yesterday. I wasn't too bothered by the old cap, I just got one because I lost the old one :(

Having said that, the new cap is brilliant, the joystick is a lot more responsive and only takes a light push to operate. I realise now how bad the old cap was.

If it handles like daveC's cap (and it should, it looks almost identical) then yes, it's still too easy to hit diagonals.

It's a big improvement, but playing vektar I find it almost impossible to rotate on the spot, for example.

Back