Firmeware 2.1.0 Ready!

It seems to me that they did something to the USB stuff.
Before, I could not copy fiels over to my 2GB SD card using a particular cable and my Athlon64 PC (would give me weird sector errors)
With 2.1.0, I can.

I'll try later on to see if the movie player's random crashing has been fixed now in 2.1.0...

can some one teste one game on picodrive or gngeo with firmeware 2.0.0 to compare the fame rate between the two firmeware?

Damn atleast GPH gave an update, I dont why everyone is complaining. When I get off from work this is the 1st thing im gonna play around with.

What does
Selectable Skin if installed in the nand

and
Ajust CPU on CPU demande option ?

I see options in the config menu, but what do they do??

reiboul posted on Oct 20 2006 at 02:42 PM said:
What does
Selectable Skin if installed in the nand

and
Ajust CPU on CPU demande option ?

I see options in the config menu, but what do they do??
if you created an .gps with the skimaker of gph and if the file is on the nad you can choose this skin.

ajust CPU i think modify the cpu frequency on the menu on the cpu need.

thelamer posted on Oct 20 2006 at 02:42 PM said:
I see no advantage to upgrading. Only disadvantages like programs not working properly.

Why did this take so long?
just DrMdx don't work realy small lost :rolleyes: but now we have picodrive ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
USB fix was the most awaited thing for me, now I'm happy with the new firmware.

But how can I install skins to the NAND memory?

Yod4z posted on Oct 20 2006 at 11:17 AM said:
- Selectable Skin if .gps file installed in the nand. To creat .gps files you have to use the Skinmaker from GPH. ".gps" files are just zipped skin.

hmm gps file don't seem to be just zipped skins doh u can't unzip them with winrar nor with winzip.

anyway for people trying to get their skins working just download skinmaker and goto the skins folder, make a new copy of the gp2x folder and name it to whatever u want your skin to be. then start editing the files inside that folder u can always see the changes in the skin editor (you have to go to the settings menu to skin and select your new skin first) once u have everything the way u like it you press F8 to generate a gps file it's this file that you need to redistribute for your skins to work. pretty easy.

People that had already created a skin will have to modify a few directories and such cause they renamed some in the new firmware. Also it seems (judging from the liquido.gps skin i got send from guyfawkes) that you are able to make the images jump or sumthing when u select a menu option (u have to see it, just get liquido.gps i don't know how they did this doh possible some options in skin.ini)

update :
the jumping images are actually diffrent frames so u can make animated buttons if u want to and u can choose to let the animation loop for ever or just X nr of times

* Yawns *

I see no need to update to this FW; gmenu2x has every feature I need in a menu.

Speaking of Gmenu2x a few of my icons have disappeared in the Apps section.. I think it's for the Photo viewer and other things like that.

Edit: OK, I think it's all the default menu apps that have vanished.

Couple of good points.

1. The character set selection is good, I can see accented characters in the E-Book Viewer now.

2. If you return to the main menu from a sub-menu e.g. the music player then return to it, it goes straight to the last directory you were in.

DBH posted on Oct 20 2006 at 06:02 PM said:
You another thing i just noticed which is funny, none of the topic starters know how to spell "Firmware" ;) :D
Brains are weird... I didn't notice the typos till you mentioned...

PokeParadox posted on Oct 20 2006 at 06:03 PM said:
You another thing i just noticed which is funny, none of the topic starters know how to spell "Firmware" ;) :D

Tehy say taht aslnog as the fsirt and lsat lteers in ecah wrod are crorcet tehn the barin wlil sitll raed it crrecotly. or sumets lik dat aniwys shutup woteva. :ph34r:

PokeParadox posted on Oct 20 2006 at 05:03 PM said:
:D

subcon959 posted on Oct 20 2006 at 04:54 PM said:
I'm a bit baffled as to why the id3tag support only shows Title and Album and not Artist?
Yes juste song title and album :(

for the first time I'm thinking I might just skip this update. I mean its nice that we got something new but considering how long its been and how good fw 2.0 already is this update seems doesn't seem to be worth it especially if it breaks skin compatibility. I waited a while to get the invader zim skin compatible with fw 2.0 im not losing compatability again because of a minor update.

plus i just use gmenu2x most times anyway except when using tv out or using a built in utility.

add file seeking to craigamp and there is no need for the deault mp3 player. oh well having multiple options is always cool. you could go with the boring yet generally reliable built in stuff or go with fancier, and generally better new stuff that is still being developed and may not work 100% yet.

You know I offered them CraigAmp to replace the mp3 player they have and they refused saying their player was much better.

Back