Finding a proper name and logo :)

Paratron loses both the Pyrrha and the Dragon connection, and it sounds a bit too much like "paratrooper".

Pyratron sounds better (and still has the Pyrrha connection), although it sounds a bit like "pirate ROM" to me, and it no more resembles "paragon".

I'm still in favor of PYRAGON.

Pyra as a simplified spelling of Pyrrha, Pandora's daughter.

*ragon because EvilD is the "team leader".

Pyragon as a whole resonates with pyr (fire), pyramid, polygon, paragon.

It is easy enough to spell and is relatively unique. Of course you can come up with weirder names that are more unique, but I think Pyragon is at a good trade-off point between unique-but-very-weird (e.g. "nczowietucyndsgzj") and not-weird-but-also-not-unique (e.g. "Pandora", "Phoenix", "Myriad").

DragonBox is not a bad name for the device, but I think it's better if it just stays the name of ED's shop, to avoid confusion between the shop/manufacturer and the device. We could of course say that the full name of the device is "DragonBox Pyragon".

name: dragonbox [all lowercase one word]

logo: db  [mirror image of lowercase d/b]

ED are you sure you want to mix the german bahn with this?
Of course it depends how the logo is designed. More graphical than letters imho. And Deutsche Bahn has a frame and capital letters by the way. ;)

120px-Db-schild.svg.png

How about pyratron or ... paratron instead of pyragon?
I like them both. Ok, the pyrat part sounds like pirate but who cares. Almost every word can be misused if you want.  Paratron sounds like a sturdy device that gets things done :)

When I think about it... let's just call it the pyrat chest.

But something with chest in it would be nice. Opens up some nice logo designs and the pandora also looks like a chest.

Last edited by a moderator:
When I think about it... let's just call it the pyrat chest.

But something with chest in it would be nice. Opens up some nice logo designs and the pandora also looks like a chest.
Haha, the pyrat chest. Nice one.

Box could be replaced by chest. The dragonchest

[offtopic]

Whats a pirate's favourite console?

OpenpandorArrrrrgh!

[/offtopic]

On-topic - I think it would be a bad idea to encourage the use of initials, since for any three letters representing the product, there will always be a whole host of irrelevant google results. If everyone refers to it as "Myriad" or "Pyragon" or whatever, it will be much more easily found by the curious websurfer.

"Myriad" or "Pyragon" or whatever, it will be much more easily found by the curious websurfer.
Myriad will be very hard to find anyway, so you will absolutely need to make it openmyriad if you want a high ranking in google. IMO that should be a high priority. Companies spend a lot of money on that topic. It would be a very bad idea to just use something like myriad. 

OpenEd (Handheld)

- Ed sounds like a buddy.

- ED is Evil Dragon.

- It's a wordplay.

- It's a clamshell.

- It's opened from the beginning.

- You want it.

Think how many google results there are for "opened" - people rarely respect capitalisation

Think how many google results there are for "opened" - people rarely respect capitalisation
"OpenEd Handheld" should give the right direction, that's why I added the second word.

I can't be the only one, that uses " " for search engines. oO

Dragonbox's OpenEd Handheld

Ok, the pronounciation Open Ed is not obvious enough written together with capital E, as it seems.

Anyway, keep going.

The Title should be pronounceable in more languages than just in english. That would make it much easier in daily life.

Try this:

Hey, can you please pass me my ______ ?

Please fill in your favorite Suggestion and translate this sentence into your native language...

Most Titlesuggestions sound very uncomfortable to me.

+1 for greek mythology or silly names like bob

I respect EDs conscience, but "Pandora" is just perfect in so many points.

Back