Finding a proper name and logo :)

A GNU-like dragon box, I like it.

Here's some brainstorming:

pyra.png

or a box variant:

pyrabox.png

That box one looks pretty good I think.

...Perhaps with just the 'y' in red, and made to look a bit like a dragon? ...Could have that lower curl of the 'y' styled like a dragon tail, and/or the top 2 bars of the letter styled as horns?

I just done a little PYRA play;

rjpau0.png

I MUCH prefer dragon names, numbers or even letter-number codes from obsolete automobiles to either Pyra or Miriad.

My favorites so far are:

#1 DragonBox Tesseract

#2 DragonBox HyperCube

#3 DragonBox Tiamat

#4 DragonBox Myrmidon

#5 DragonBox MyBox

#998 DragonBox Pyra

#999 DragonBox Miriad

Yes i love both franchise verry much.

I like the name because it is short to speak.

Sigma is also the Sum Symbol, and could stand for all the features desired by the community summed up in one Devive.

There's a Mouse called Roccat Pyra. But I guess that's okay, names were checked right?

BTW fourth image for Pyra at google mobile is one of a - as Pratchett put it - humorously shaped vegetable.

Edit: Somehow I have to think of torches when I hear Pyra.

Since a few ppl seem to like the "Pyrates" idea we might as well go with skull and crossbones. With flames for good measure :D

On a more serious note, with a wee bit of imagination one can write Pyra symmetrically. Kinda like it. Visually. The name, nope :p

Edit: Sorry, FZERO has already done the symmetrical thing, hadn't noticed!

Last edited by a moderator:
...Pyra-chillies, they were too hot, too spicy :)

#5 DragonBox MyBox

MyBox could be interpreted in a different way, especially if the owner happens to be female:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=box
The triple meaning is intentional and in my humble opinion absolutely hilarious.

Box = container

ipod ~ My Box

3rd meaning - youtube box in a box.
"What's that in your pocket? Oh, it's a brand new MyVagina!"

Hilarious - maybe. A good name? No.

#5 DragonBox MyBox

MyBox could be interpreted in a different way, especially if the owner happens to be female:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=box
The triple meaning is intentional and in my humble opinion absolutely hilarious.

Box = container

ipod ~ My Box

3rd meaning - youtube box in a box.
"What's that in your pocket? Oh, it's a brand new MyVagina!"

Hilarious - maybe. A good name? No.
Erm, it's already called DragonBox. As if it wasn't enough that it sounds like cardboard. Now I have the rest of my life to try and forget this other "meaning". Thanks for pointing it out. Not. <.<

Edit: If we could just not discuss sexually offensive vocabulary at all in the future, that would be great.

I MUCH prefer dragon names, numbers or even letter-number codes from obsolete automobiles to either Pyra or Miriad.

My favorites so far are:

#1 DragonBox Tesseract

#2 DragonBox HyperCube

#3 DragonBox Tiamat

#4 DragonBox Myrmidon

#5 DragonBox MyBox

#998 DragonBox Pyra

#999 DragonBox Miriad
Per the above conversation I have struck off the naughty bits. 'MyBox' would have made a great conversation starter though.

Tesseract is a very serious suggestion though. It is a term for a 4th dimensional cube/box. It is, literally, a box that is bigger on the inside.

Back