Release Final Burn Alpha ported to Pandora (FAQ in first post)

Getting issues with controls again - Afterburner won't fly up/down, Enduro Racer won't pull a wheelie, which makes the game unplayable :(

This was fixed for a while, but it's crept back in again.

D.

Ahem, it appears I deleted the y-axis code when implementing light gun support, cut&paste rather than copy&paste :rolleyes: . V1.0.7.3 in the repo fixes the problem.

Also fixes a bug in Capex where it was showing all roms as parent, even when it was a clone.

Btw, does anyone know of any compiler options that might give a performance increase, at the moment I use:

-s -O2 -march=armv7-a -mtune=cortex-a8 -finline -finline-functions

Thanks

Dave

-s -O2 -march=armv7-a -mtune=cortex-a8 -finline -finline-functions
You should also set '-mfpu=neon -mfloat-abi=softfp', or else it might use soft float, depending you how your gcc is configured.

'-s' is not really needed, the binary will be larger but symbol parts will not be loaded into memory, and people will be able to see backtraces if needed.

Edit: just checked your binary, it uses soft float, you need to add those flags.

Last edited by a moderator:
@notaz

Thanks, starting a full rebuild now....... .Btw I'm still using gcc 4.3.3, will it make use of neon? I build on my pandora so I don't think I have a newer version of gcc available,

Dave

Oh Hell YES!

Nothing kicks ass more than better flags on an already awesome emulator,

dave18, your updates have been fantastic. You are doing what I like to call "polishing the diamonds" with your code.

Keep up the great work, we all appreciate it!

This looks great for everything I've tried so far. Only I'm not getting any sound at all. Am I missing something obvious? Sound is fine in other programs and I've tried switching sound on and off and at different sample rates using the menu, but am not getting a sound out of it. I can see that the .cfg file is getting set correctly as well.

edit - that's using 10.0.7.3 from the repo and an FBA next ROM set. Hotfix 6. Also the same with FBA 1.0.7.2 and 1.0.1.0 (not tried other versions)

This looks great for everything I've tried so far. Only I'm not getting any sound at all. Am I missing something obvious? Sound is fine in other programs and I've tried switching sound on and off and at different sample rates using the menu, but am not getting a sound out of it. I can see that the .cfg file is getting set correctly as well.

edit - that's using 10.0.7.3 from the repo and an FBA next ROM set. Hotfix 6. Also the same with FBA 1.0.7.2 and 1.0.1.0 (not tried other versions)
try re-installing community codec pack. Don't have to delete anything, just grab pnd and install

Thanks dave18 for all those great updates! Do you think it would be possible to add a way to specify the ROMs path please? So many great arcade emulators, so little room left of the SD card ;) Having a way to store the ROMs in just one place for several emulators is always a nice feature.

try re-installing community codec pack. Don't have to delete anything, just grab pnd and install
Thanks for the suggestion. I was really hopeful too - am not sure if I'd reinstalled the codec pack since the last reflash. But no - The codec pack install finished successfully and FBA is still silent. It's no different after a reboot or if I switch to minimenu either.

edit - Reflashed to HF7b1.1 and sound has started working. Now to see if anything else works!

Sengoku 3 used to work like a charm, but now it crashes to desktop shortly after loading--anyone else have this issue?

Sengoku 3 works fine for me as long as I set the z80 core to the C core. Dr Z80 segfaults.

Thanks for the help! It works great, except for a slot error message and no sound, but I can certainly live with that.

v1.0.7.4 in repo. fixes to make it compatible with the new kernel (i hope)

enjoy

Dave

@Gyges - sound works ok, I suspect it's a bad romset. earlier versions of fba only exited on missing program roms, latest version exits on any missing rom. It told me my version of Sengoku 3 had one rom missing, I got a complete zip and sound works.

edit - slot error is also gone

Hi, could you remind me (I'm guessing it's somewhere in the thread) which rom set I need to get? thanks - it's awesome

Dave

As an arcade fan, I'm very pleased with your FBA port. You made it possible to play games from a recent ROM set with a very well performing emulator on the Pandora. I'm still very happy to play SFIII (and a lot of other stuff as well).

Instead of just saying thanks again, I donated 40€ to your Paypal account.

Best regards

Yoshi
Just donated US$30 to Dave as well. (As promised on the bounty :) )

You have probably the wrong set, FBA version 0.2.97.21 is required.

You can download the windows version here, to scan your set and check for the required rom files. Much easier than testing on the Pandora.

fbaselect.jpg

fbainfo.jpg

hey dave,

there's an issue with the scalers i think. i've tried to start airbuster yesterday - it crashes when using the fullscreen or the best-fit methods but runs when being non-scaled.

hope this helps :)

Back