Release Final Burn Alpha ported to Pandora (FAQ in first post)

I'm having some problems with a clean install of FBA, when trying to create a global config file, for clock speed and sampling rate, the emulator crashes to desktop and no file is created.

I've tried on HF6 & Super Zaxxon (HF 7.1 beta) and the results are the same.

EDIT : tried FBA 1.0.5.0 & 1.0.4.0 (will try 1.0.6.0 later)

Creating config files for individual games works fine.

Anyone else having this issue?

Last edited by a moderator:
@Gyges - received with thanks.

Also, thanks to Si Qi Xiong - not sure who that is on here.

I'm hoping to add something to improve speed in games with z80 cpus, don't know if it will work or how long it will take though.

@Gyges - received with thanks.

Also, thanks to Si Qi Xiong - not sure who that is on here.

I'm hoping to add something to improve speed in games with z80 cpus, don't know if it will work or how long it will take though.
er, That is me. I've been watching this thread for quite a while.

You have done a fantastic job, I really love how those cps2 games works under the current build, though the audio seems a bit choppy.

No need to thank us, you earned this through your hard work. :)

Will certainly send some more donations after I cleared all my bills.

As always, have a nice day, hope you enjoy this wonderful masterpiece of a emulator as I do.

BTW, if some one make a good pc-98 emulator port, my life would be completed!

Well the source is available and it is only dependent on SDL so someone with a Cannoo should be able to port it for you. The biggest issue you are likely to have is memory as my version doesn't use cache.

Very good progress, thanks again dave18.

Sound for CPS1 games is scratchy since version 1.0.2.0, for example Final Fight and U.N. Squadron suffer a lot. They work fine with version 1.0.1.0. Hope this can be fixed.

Regarding parsing speed. I hope it's possible to speed it up. PanMAME does the job for >6000 ROMs in a few seconds.

EDIT: And could you please change "Scale" to "Best Fit" by default. This option is unfortunately not saved. Adding "fba2x_rescale 2" to capex.cfg changes the default, but gets deleted when the default settings are changed in Capex.

Keep up the good work. B)

Very good progress, thanks again dave18.

Sound for CPS1 games is scratchy since version 1.0.2.0, for example Final Fight and U.N. Squadron suffer a lot. They work fine with version 1.0.1.0. Hope this can be fixed.

Regarding parsing speed. I hope it's possible to speed it up. PanMAME does the job for >6000 ROMs in a few seconds.

EDIT: And could you please change "Scale" to "Best Fit" by default. This option is unfortunately not saved. Adding "fba2x_rescale 2" to capex.cfg changes the default, but gets deleted when the default settings are changed in Capex.

Keep up the good work. B)
would also be nice to have a splash screen during the parsing and music during the list preferable changeable to your choice.

V1.0.7.0 is in the repo

CAPEX Changes:

Saves gameslist after first scan for faster loading

Press Y to force rescan

Should save scaling prefs properly now

FBA

CPS1 sound problem fixed

You can now use custom keymaps

default.kmp will create a new default mapping - goes in appdata/fba-dave18/config

<gamename>.kmp eg 1941.kmp will override default for a specific game, goes in appdata/fba-dave18/config/games

Example file format

KEY_UP 273

KEY_DOWN 274

KEY_LEFT 276

KEY_RIGHT 275

KEY_FIRE1 278

KEY_FIRE2 281

KEY_FIRE3 279

KEY_FIRE4 280

KEY_FIRE5 303

KEY_FIRE6 305

KEY_COIN1 306

KEY_START1 308

KEY_PAUSE 112

KEY_QUIT 113

You don't need to include all lines above, just those you wish to change.

Enjoy

Dave

V1.0.7.1 is up, fixed silly bug in key mapping.

Dave

As an arcade fan, I'm very pleased with your FBA port. You made it possible to play games from a recent ROM set with a very well performing emulator on the Pandora. I'm still very happy to play SFIII (and a lot of other stuff as well).

Instead of just saying thanks again, I donated 40€ to your Paypal account.

Best regards

Yoshi

Yoshi

Wow, thanks. That is incredibly generous. I'm glad you are enjoying it.

Dave

Oops, I broke dual z80 games using the C core eg 1942

V1.0.7.2 in repo fixes this.

crow's contributions were rolled into dave's version AFAIK. So the repo version is the one you want, it has the CAPEX front end and all the extra system support that dave added.

(I will update the OP.)

Back