Release Final Burn Alpha ported to Pandora (FAQ in first post)

Dave18

Sengoku 3 works fine for me as long as I set the z80 core to the C core. Dr Z80 segfaults.

Gyges

Still Fresh
Thanks for the help! It works great, except for a slot error message and no sound, but I can certainly live with that.

Dave18

v1.0.7.4 in repo. fixes to make it compatible with the new kernel (i hope)

enjoy

Dave

Dave18

@Gyges - sound works ok, I suspect it's a bad romset. earlier versions of fba only exited on missing program roms, latest version exits on any missing rom. It told me my version of Sengoku 3 had one rom missing, I got a complete zip and sound works.

edit - slot error is also gone

Last edited by a moderator:

sparkymark79

Hi, could you remind me (I'm guessing it's somewhere in the thread) which rom set I need to get? thanks - it's awesome

juliano

Dave

As an arcade fan, I'm very pleased with your FBA port. You made it possible to play games from a recent ROM set with a very well performing emulator on the Pandora. I'm still very happy to play SFIII (and a lot of other stuff as well).

Instead of just saying thanks again, I donated 40€ to your Paypal account.

Best regards

Yoshi
Just donated US$30 to Dave as well. (As promised on the bounty :) )

crow_riot

hey dave,

there's an issue with the scalers i think. i've tried to start airbuster yesterday - it crashes when using the fullscreen or the best-fit methods but runs when being non-scaled.

hope this helps :)

CAZMIESTER

Demon Front and Dodonpachi 2 in "mame" Just seen this posted in the mameworld forum All encrypted igs games are starting to work in mame

apparently some achievement as arm encryption was once thought unbreakable Metal slugs little sister works!! played this in hong kong years ago and loved it hopefully spectral vs generation and the gladiator will follow.

http://youtu.be/pH_DD-CWERo

pity later mame builds are to cpu intensive.

Wonder if they will add it to the latest fba barrharris build.

Gyges

Still Fresh
Thanks for the help!

Now I'm having trouble getting games to rotate; when I go to save the config, the rotate immediate reverts back to "Auto"--any advice? I'm running SuperZaxxon 1.5 (not the experimental kernel).

CAZMIESTER

Thanks for the help!

Now I'm having trouble getting games to rotate; when I go to save the config, the rotate immediate reverts back to "Auto"--any advice? I'm running SuperZaxxon 1.5 (not the experimental kernel).
Yeah me too dont know if its just me or an emu issue but no complaints .

Gyges

Still Fresh
Yeah me too dont know if its just me or an emu issue but no complaints .
Good to know I'm not alone! I loved how nicely the older version rotated those vertical shmups, and eagerly await the day I can the same in this version.

Dave18

Fixed the issue with the rotation settings not being saved.

I cannot recreate the Air Busters crash but I wonder if it was related to the rotation settings save problem. Try saving a new config and seeing if it is still an issue.

V1.0.7.5 in repo.

crow_riot

Fixed the issue with the rotation settings not being saved.

I cannot recreate the Air Busters crash but I wonder if it was related to the rotation settings save problem. Try saving a new config and seeing if it is still an issue.

V1.0.7.5 in repo.
thanks, the new update fixes airbuster :)

Gyges

Still Fresh
I'm still having the rotate config issue, even after wiping the appdata directory and doing a full reinstall. Any suggestions?

mamemaniac

Demon Front and Dodonpachi 2 in "mame" Just seen this posted in the mameworld forum All encrypted igs games are starting to work in mame

apparently some achievement as arm encryption was once thought unbreakable Metal slugs little sister works!! played this in hong kong years ago and loved it hopefully spectral vs generation and the gladiator will follow.

http://youtu.be/pH_DD-CWERo

pity later mame builds are to cpu intensive.

Wonder if they will add it to the latest fba barrharris build.
It happens!

According to FBA 0.2.97.24 readme the PGM driver was updated and now both Dodonpachi 2 and Demon Front are playable.

Dave18

@Gyges. I think it is just a quirk of Capex. When you save a config for a game, it changes the right hand column (green abbreviations) to the settings for that game and the main headings change back to the main cfg settings. It does it for all settings, not just rotate, you probably haven't noticed as the rest have scrolled off the top of the screen.