Release F-1 Spirit remake

I added a C4A Mode.

Select it from main menu. You may need to adjest the control.

Build 07

----------

• C4A Mode. Finish each race at place 16th or better to advance to next race (first get 20 points, than it 15 to 1 points for 2nd to 16th).

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all :)

@ ptitSeb: thank you for your hard work !

I noticed that since build 06, the game feels much slower / less smooth on my Rebirth (SGX driver 4.03.00.02), even with OC @ 850 MHz... Looks like it "frameskips" a lot...

Any ideas ?

Cheers, Magic Sam

Hi all :)

@ ptitSeb: thank you for your hard work !

I noticed that since build 06, the game feels much slower / less smooth on my Rebirth (SGX driver 4.03.00.02), even with OC @ 850 MHz... Looks like it "frameskips" a lot...

Any ideas ?

Cheers, Magic Sam
No idea. It should be faster in fact. Not sure what the mater is. I'll try to have a look at this later.

And here I am complaining again.

Selecting "Restart race" (or something like that) from the pause menu in C4A mode restarts the current track. Is this intentional? Wouldn't it make more sense to restart from the first track?

And here I am complaining again.

Selecting "Restart race" (or something like that) from the pause menu in C4A mode restarts the current track. Is this intentional? Wouldn't it make more sense to restart from the first track?
Mmmm, I didn't thought about that. I just left that menu as-is...

But yeah, why not, I can try to do that.

New build on the repo. I spent some time on the renderer, changing many things, order of drawing, and trying to get more and more fps.

I have, I think, improve the renderer now. But I have noticed that there are some rendering artifact on F3000 circuit, where you can see trees over buildings. But I got steady speed of 35 fps on my Gigahertz. Still, the gameplay was not smooth at all, with many stutering. So I fixed max fps to 25 instead of 50. The stutering is now gone.

I have tested on a CC model, and it's working also more or less at 25fps.

The only race that is hard for the SGX is the Prototype race, by night, where it's just around 25fps on a Gigahertz.

Anyway, I found the gameplay nice now, at least on a Gigahertz.

Build 08

----------

• Removed abaility to restart a race in C4A Mode.
  • Improved renderer speed (but that are some glitch in F3000 circuit)
  • Targeted speed is 25 fps instead of 50 fps, to remove stuttering.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back