Release F-1 Spirit remake

ptitSeb

Serial Porter
This is F-1 Spirit remake.

preview1.png

This game use OpenGL and is taxing for the system. This is a conversion to GLES, and optimized for the Pandora.

The Wide Screen of the Pandora is used, and speed is good on Gigahertz model, and is adequate on CC/Rebirth (the GPU is the limiting factor here).

Video of the Gameplay on the Pandora from @ingoreis

and here is a Video of the C4A mode

Sources are here: https://github.com/ptitSeb/f1spirit

Last edited:
Will you still be working on P1 once P successor is out?  :)  Seems like it.

Thanks! 

Last edited by a moderator:
Excellent game!

I did find the default keyconf wasn't very good for Pandora though - Space for accelerate and M (I think it was) for brake. Changed those though and it works well - although you have to use the accelerate button to select in the menus (or space), so choose carefully.

The rally level runs at a notably lower framerate than the first and third levels though. Not sure if this has anything to do with how rubbish I am on that level!

Excellent game!

I did find the default keyconf wasn't very good for Pandora though - Space for accelerate and M (I think it was) for brake. Changed those though and it works well - although you have to use the accelerate button to select in the menus (or space), so choose carefully.

The rally level runs at a notably lower framerate than the first and third levels though. Not sure if this has anything to do with how rubbish I am on that level!
Default should switch to {X} and {B}, doesn't it ?

And yes, Rally level is slower. I found it is the slower level of all, especially when it's rainning.

This level is also quite tricky, and you'll have to brake many times.

Probably slower yes.

Also, I think I have found out why Rally level is slower. It seems related to the rock detection loop. Trying to do something to improve perfs...

Nice to see ;)

So fast a Release?

I will try to make a Video with yours this Evening ;)

Good work thx from us all ;)

So new build on the repo. I tried to optimize Rally level. It's playable on a CC, but can be a bit slow sometime.

Also, multiplayer works, but splitscreen only (you'll need a joystick I guess also); The network part isn't finished in the sourcecode, so it will not work (too bad, would have been very cool to play on LAN).

Build 02

----------

• Some attempt to optimize Rally level
  • Reduce flag detail on hiscore and end of race screens

Also, multiplayer works, but splitscreen only (you'll need a joystick I guess also); The network part isn't finished in the sourcecode, so it will not work (too bad, would have been very cool to play on LAN).
I knew it was split screen, but does it slow down the game?
Nope, it doesn't seems to slow much. I tried (alone) the 1st race and it was more or less the same FPS as in sigleplayer mode :)

This looks great, just had a little single player race and is a good looking game

Default should switch to {X} and {B}, doesn't it ?

And yes, Rally level is slower. I found it is the slower level of all, especially when it's rainning.

This level is also quite tricky, and you'll have to brake many times.
When I first loaded it, the buttons didn't do anything and I needed to use the space to accelerate. There's no settings default option is there, so I can't test what it default to now, can I? But as I say, it's easy to change and it sticks, so it's not a big issue.

Rally in this new build does seem significantly better, even when it rains. I didn't come last this time!

Strange for the buttons, Ill have to double check on my side (wipping appdata), because it worked for me (I have buttons and didn't go to the config screen for that).

Good to know for the performances of the Rally level :) (or is it you improving at it ;) )

Actually, I think it was me improving at it! Seems PND Manager hadn't updated it as promised, but rather crashed silently. When I started it again it told me it still wanted to update F1 Spirit.

Finally got it downloaded now. The rally level is a little slicker now, definitely.

Back