Everything Is Blu Compatible, How About Nlu???

Racemaniac posted on Aug 17 2005 at 01:46 AM said:
i got a NLU unit, 166 Mhz, still works perfectly:), alas a lot of games use dark shades and i just can't see the difference on my unit...
the latest release of the minigame project for example, extender, a lovely game, the dark blocks: barely visible, the things you gotta collect from them when you destroy them almost completely invisible, the score and counter: invisible...
the shooter in minigame proejct: the time you loose that's shown when you get hit: hardly visible...

also older things like GPgames (you know, the program that has solitair, shanghai etc...) it's menus are barely legible....

and i'm pretty often faced with such things, and even when programs have brightness control, like GPEngine, some games are still too dark to be playable (i liked the raiden X flashgame, so tried raiden on it, but it's too dark, i can't see the bullets that get shot at me in time to evade them...)

i really hope people will start making their programs nlu compatible again, cause it's pretty annoying, and after all we NLU owners are the ones that were here first ^^

I have no problem with my NLU and Gpengine. I adjust the brightness in the menu all the way to the max. I do have the perfect place to play the games. We have a sun room that has windows all around it. It gives me a great picture on my NLU. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
darkman posted on Aug 19 2005 at 06:45 PM said:
Racemaniac posted on Aug 17 2005 at 01:46 AM said:
i got a NLU unit, 166 Mhz, still works perfectly:), alas a lot of games use dark shades and i just can't see the difference on my unit...
the latest release of the minigame project for example, extender, a lovely game, the dark blocks: barely visible, the things you gotta collect from them when you destroy them almost completely invisible, the score and counter: invisible...
the shooter in minigame proejct: the time you loose that's shown when you get hit: hardly visible...

also older things like GPgames (you know, the program that has solitair, shanghai etc...) it's menus are barely legible....

and i'm pretty often faced with such things, and even when programs have brightness control, like GPEngine, some games are still too dark to be playable (i liked the raiden X flashgame, so tried raiden on it, but it's too dark, i can't see the bullets that get shot at me in time to evade them...)

i really hope people will start making their programs nlu compatible again, cause it's pretty annoying, and after all we NLU owners are the ones that were here first ^^

I have no problem with my NLU and Gpengine. I adjust the brightness in the menu all the way to the max. I do have the perfect place to play the games. We have a sun room that has windows all around it. It gives me a great picture on my NLU. :lol:
yeah, the only game so far was that raiden game, all others (well all, i got a dozen or so) are perfect ^^

as stated before, my examples are JUST EXAMPLES, not that gpengine/mingiame project/whatever suck or so, or are inferior to other emus/games.... a lot of things have brightness problems on a NLU :), i just gave examples of recent (and thus good ^^) things i played on my gp32 where i noticed brightness problems :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back