Back But Not In Black... is... is good though. is a good thing.... I like it...

Sometime (about two months ago) I received my pandora back from Germany. I had it upgraded from a rebirth to a 1Ghz. Let me just say that I had no problems whatsoever with my rebirth pandora. In fact I loved it. I used it for almost everything, games, internet, writing, and there were things that I had wanted to learn how to do on it which seemed interesting but that  were completely over my head. The upgrade has smoothed out virtually all problems that I may have had to forgive the pandora for.

Mind you, I've always recognized what the pandora was and was not capable of. I loved the pandora for what I could do on it and I didnt hate it for what it couldnt. The pandora basically absorbed the responsibilities of a number of other, less portable, less ergonomic devices. So when I had the rebirth edition and saw that there were pnds like "mypaint" and "gimp" available, I thought that it was cool but not really useful. And problems with Mupen64 and qemu were also evident but not necessarily because of the programs themselves. I havent been pushing the limits of my new pandora at all but what I have experienced has been GLORIOUS!

The first thing that foreshadowed this wonderful upgrade is the fact that mypaint works FLAWLESSLY now. Well, as flawlessly as it can on a resistive touchscreen, but that still means i can use a pencil on it without a hitch. And maybe the coolest thing is that Gimp is completely functional. It works as well as firefox does, which is to say, perfectly, not slow. Gimp was a useless program on my old pandora, wouldnt work at all. Mupen64 barely lags, but will obviously have problems no matter what, from what I can read about it. This faster processor basically means that these graphic programs that take advantage of the touchscreen just work now. I can use pencil, mypaint, xournal, gimp, pretty much anything now. for those of you that think that this sounds insane, the pandora is literally the same size as my pocket notebook/sketchbook. It's not unheard of to draw/write on something this small. The added benefit being that its digital and more versatile whenused correctly.

So, basically everything works better on it now. My only complaints are PND based. Obviously I've been away from the community for a while. Like, almost an entire year. I love all the new apps that have come out for the pandora, guys, especially the games that have been made. You guys are great!

Seriously, all of you are amazing. If i could do something to give back, or if I had the time, I would. Maybe someday soon I'll make some graphics for whoever needs them. But that's neither here nor there.

I was saying that I was upset about something. Basically that a few, like, literally only three, pnds dont really work anymore. None of the youtube players on the repo work anymore. Now, I know exactly why, its because youtube changed something about how they play videos, but in all the time I've been gone not one of these pnds has been updated? It's not the end of the world, but it kinda sucks. Also, qtSpotify doesnt work, which also sucks. It's weird, because it shows my playlists and will act like it knowswhat it's doing, but it doesnt actually play anything. Strange.

Anyways, thats the only griping and moaning I have. Besides that, I love that the community is more active than ever., and I love this new pandora! I hope that I can find the time to be more involved soon. I have just been very busy.

Thanks to all of you!

peacelovefleshbones I noted you are in Austin.  How cool.  I am just down the road in Houston.   How many other Panda users near us!  We could have a gathering!

peacelovefleshbones I noted you are in Austin. How cool. I am just down the road in Houston. How many other Panda users near us! We could have a gathering!
We could! You should download DrawPile so that we could chat on our pandoras DS style!

I'll be honest, I just want a reason to try DrawPile out... But being neighbors is cool too

Back