Europe And Local Elections

Mark

Boris Johnson: Cuddly Conservative
Website
www.gp-magazine.org.uk
Well even though I'm not 18 yet, and it's a secret ballot, why not discuss who you did or didn't vote for, or who you would of voted for. And what are the chances of a few of the smaller parties getting more seats?

I've gotta say I would of voted Lib Dem in both. I'm slightly worried about the BNp getting a few MEP's, and chances are they will get alot of councillers in my area (Stoke) as I believe 8 are standing, and Stoke is a widly racist place.

The National Front all the way!

Nah not really, I dont even know what the hell these elections are, but if sinn fein are in them, that is who I would vote for!

Nah not really, I dont even know what the hell these elections are, but if sinn fein are in them, that is who I would vote for!
But don't they want a united Ireland:eek:

And in the recentish referendum Northern Ireland wanted to stay part of Britian with a 99% majority...

Well, it's each to his own choice. I'm not saying it's right or wrong by the way, I just don't understand their ideology.

Last edited by a moderator:
Even with postal vote I'm still too apathetic to bother, maybe when they have an internet vote!
You would vote if the BNP were looming.

I voted Lib Dem for the locals and Green for the Euros. Lib Dem to keep the Conservatives out of this area (Labour don't stand a chance) and Green because I don't give a shit what happens in Brussels...so why not send some peace-loving hippies along for a ride on the gravy train?

I also tried to stay away from candidates with double-barrel names.

But don't they want a united Ireland:eek:

And in the recentish referendum Northern Ireland wanted to stay part of Britian with a 99% majority...

Well, it's each to his own choice. I'm not saying it's right or wrong by the way, I just don't understand their ideology.
Yes they do want a united Ireland, and so do I :)

I doubt 99% of people voted to stay part of britan, as it is 49%/51% over here, with unionists in the majority, I think under some clause of some bill, only Unionists get to vote on wether to break ties with britan, and once they want to we get a united Ireland. Thats not the way I'd do it though.........

Voted UKIP in the EU elections. Basically i simply see it as we put far more money into the EU than we get out, i believe that once we've sorted out our own problems we can go about helping the rest of Europe!

Would have voted either Lib Dem or Tories in a national or local but we didnt have those yesterday.

Elections where slaves get to vote on what whip their masters beat them with are not valid.
But if you don't vote and could do so, many believe that the non-voters should not critize the government.
very true my good man!

i find it appauling that some people have the gaul to slam "foreigners" when they critcise the government, however long they may have been living and paying taxes here.

My Grandad is from Italy and he still votes in the elections because it is a privilage.

Anyways as long as the far right bastards dont get in, infact any of the right dont get in ill be happy. Although I also hope Labour dont get in; a few years ago I probably would have voted for them. <_<

You can abstain. Instead of giving a low voter turnout with the government puts down to apathy, show them that there is no choice.

Although freedom is there; with the Lib Dems and the Liberals;)

Well the Euro Parliament elections certainly had a very broad choice of parties.

Be you right, left or middle there was something to suit you.

This is only possible because the list system is used which is a much more proportional way of voting, smaller parties gain the seats they should and you don't get results as in 2001 general election

labour got 40% of the popular vote but over 60% of the seats in parliament!

Yup. I had three politics exams on Wednesday, and I had a question on the Europeon elections.

How the hell did I manage to forget everything about the EMU when it's a few days away:p

Back