Escape From Zombie City - Wip 3

t money

Still Fresh
It EXISTS! after many hours of beating my head against the wall fighting with sound files to get it running smoothly on the Caanoo... it exists! this is not the same as the wip for the wiz, this is newer and better. unfortunately, after i got this working, i found out that it crashes the wiz version <_< . but oh well, that's my problem. enjoy this, wiz version will be up as soon as i can get it working again.

WARNING!!! i accidentally left in a piece of code from testing which will spoil who the culprit is if you press "R". if you want to find out who the culprit is on your own, stay away from the "R" button. i'll post an update when i'm done with the wiz version.

EDIT:
here is a FIX for the above mentioned stupidity on my part, and also two other bugs i noticed after posting.

there are two files in the zip. put the file "zomb.dcb" in the folder "bgd-zomb/zomb" and the file "jogbie.fpg" in the folder "bgd-zomb/zomb/fpgs"

that should set you straight.

EDIT 2:
Current version on openhandhelds has update, but i'll leave the fix up for those who downloaded prior to the update.

This game looks super fun! Can't wait to get my Caanoo to play this! Just one question.
Do you play predefined characters, or do you make a character?

Boaradoor said:
This game looks super fun! Can't wait to get my Caanoo to play this! Just one question.
Do you play predefined characters, or do you make a character?

they are predefined, but there are 20 of them (although not all playable in the WIP).

Last edited by a moderator:
That is so cool? Does the game have any backstory? Do the characters have backstories?

t money said:
wiz version will be up as soon as i can get it working again.
Is there a chance of a GP2X Fx00 version? Can't play any of the bennugd stuff because I can't locate a recent compile. Would like to test if you have one.

bman said:
t money said:
wiz version will be up as soon as i can get it working again.
Is there a chance of a GP2X Fx00 version? Can't play any of the bennugd stuff because I can't locate a recent compile. Would like to test if you have one.

it doesn't seem likely. as far as i know, there are no plans to port bennu to fx00, but if you are interested, it's available for PC here.

t money said:
it doesn't seem likely. as far as i know, there are no plans to port bennu to fx00, but if you are interested, it's available for PC here.
I have a toolchain set up on Windows and can compile most any GP2X program. The bennugd source looks to be Linux specific. May have to set it up there as well so I can at least try to compile.

Thanks, bummer.

you might want to get in contact with splinter, he's in charge of bennu. i would suggest the bennu forum: here

I'm in the process of preparing a limited access beta for the PC version of EFZC to get some feed back on changes and additions, if anyone is interested, please send me a personal message which includes your email address. And again, this just for the PC, not the Caanoo/Wiz. Thanks.

Back