Escape From Zombie City

t money

Still Fresh
Escape From Zombie City is a game i've been working on for quite some time now. I'm hoping to have it done by the end of this year. a total of 20 playable characters each plays uniquely, multiple escape routes to choose from. 12 different story lines to play through.

const.jpg

Attachments

• const.jpg
    const.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 372
Is that a Michael Jackson Thriller zombie I see in that screenshot. LOL

This game looks awesome. I can't wait to try it out.

fett42 said:
Is that a Michael Jackson Thriller zombie I see in that screenshot. LOL
indeed!

for anyone interested, in more info, you can check out my worklogs over at boolean soup

and you can also try a wip i posted there. it's about a year old, and does not have some of the features that are now available, but it will give you an idea. it's PC only and unfortunately, not compatible with windows 7.

Last edited by a moderator:
for those who weren't able to see the video, I put it up on youtube:
Video of Escape from Zombie City

there is no sound, the color is off, and the video is a bit choppy, but it's just to give you the idea of the game.

i've uploaded a new WIP version to the file archive: EFZC

give it a try and let me know what you think! all feedback welcome.

Fah-reaking beautiful man, had quite a bit of fun playing with the WIP today!

Didn't quite understand what was going on with the gates at first, but once I got it figured out it proved to make for some "oh shit I dropped my keys while being chased by zombies" moment type feel to it.

The one thing that did bug me was sometimes I thought I was lined up with a zombie but still missed, maybe just a slightly bigger collision area might help, but at the same time it does add to the challenge and I might just be being a wuss :p

Can't wait to see this game progress to a solid, final state!

P.S. You need more bandwidth ;)

Hooka said:
Fah-reaking beautiful man, had quite a bit of fun playing with the WIP today!

Didn't quite understand what was going on with the gates at first, but once I got it figured out it proved to make for some "oh shit I dropped my keys while being chased by zombies" moment type feel to it.

The one thing that did bug me was sometimes I thought I was lined up with a zombie but still missed, maybe just a slightly bigger collision area might help, but at the same time it does add to the challenge and I might just be being a wuss :p

Can't wait to see this game progress to a solid, final state!

P.S. You need more bandwidth ;)

thanks for the kind words! the gates were the last thing i added before posting the WIP, didn't really figure out a good way to indicate how to use them in-game yet. different characters have different sized bullet-collision, also as the bullet travels, the size decreases. so when a zombie is right in front of you, there is a wide range for bullet collision, but if you shoot across the screen, you have to be more directly inline. i'll probably tinker with it as i go, see what some of the other feedback i get is aswell.

yeah... as far as the website... it was free hosting, i neglected to pay attention to the details and i'm not going to be paying for a website anytime soon.

thanks very much for you feedback!

just had tremendous fun with this game ,
then done all levels 4 times,
then realized it was WIP :lol:

solid art, solid gameplay for a homebrew.
Really I was pulled in !
I wanted to know more ;)

shotgun on zombies is super fun,
and grenades too;
you nailed the fun aspect really.

looking forward to the whole story !!!

thanks for the feedback guys. I've been able to get a lot of work done over the last few days... but still have a long way to go. but thought i'd share a little teaser image:

UNUSUAL.png

it's the full suspect lineup.

Attachments

• UNUSUAL.png
    UNUSUAL.png
    21.2 KB · Views: 340
thought i'd post a couple of screenshots since i haven't done any for a while:

sewer.jpg
clownin.jpg

jedi.jpg
dogies.jpg

Attachments

• sewer.jpg
    sewer.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 356
  • clownin.jpg
    clownin.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 313
  • dogies.jpg
    dogies.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 327
  • jedi.jpg
    jedi.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 311
Looks cool. However, I just tried to run the WIP on Windows Server 2008 R2 (Like Win7) and it would not start. I get the message:

FXI
<red circle with white X>
Error al abrir ZOMB.dcb

and I can click OK

There are 2 log files stderr.txt and stdout.txt that appear until I click OK, neither one of them has anything in it.

To troubleshoot, I created a shortcut and set it to run in WinXP compat mode as administrator but that didn't help.

I'm not expecting a response or for you to make this work, I just thought I'd let you know.

wongojack said:
Looks cool. However, I just tried to run the WIP on Windows Server 2008 R2 (Like Win7) and it would not start. I get the message:

FXI
<red circle with white X>
Error al abrir ZOMB.dcb

and I can click OK

There are 2 log files stderr.txt and stdout.txt that appear until I click OK, neither one of them has anything in it.

To troubleshoot, I created a shortcut and set it to run in WinXP compat mode as administrator but that didn't help.

I'm not expecting a response or for you to make this work, I just thought I'd let you know.

you were trying the wip from this website correct? Boolean Soup
that wip was written in fenix, and fenix does not seem to be compatible with newer versions of Windows.

try the wip from this web site: Bennu Projects
since that earlier WIP, i'd converted the code to bennu. That wip is newer and better anyway.

Back