Enhancing desktop; Visuals, tweaks and installed software.

I wonder if firefox etc. will be a PND-type package again, or we'll rely on iceweasel on the Pyra's debian setup?
Perhaps with things like web browsers and other small utilities could actually be compiled and packaged into a debian package and put on the Pyra specific repository.

Also to note, so far on a very quick search of browsers currently on the armhf debian repo:

iceweasle

dillo

epiphany

chimera2

qupzilla

links

links2

elinks

conkeror

konqueror

I see supporting packages for chromium, but the main package is missing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ooh, just googled it and it turns out the xfce-terminal I'm using already supports drop-down mode.  Took a little figuring out in how to enable it using a keyboard shortcut (hint: add 'xfce4-terminal --drop-down' to a shortcut in your keyboard settings), but now I can stop using my audio workspace and control what I'm listening to from anywhere (running mplayer in a terminal).

It needs xfce4 terminal v0.6.1 though, and the latest version is only v0.6.3, so I doubt if the Pandora's up-to-date enough for it, but it's something to look forward to on the Pyra!

Levi, that was the conclusion I came to a couple months ago.  It wasn't a big deal since I keep one up most of the time, but I would like it not getting in the way sometimes, and it is nice to just hit a key (or two for Pyra/Pandora) and have it come down, then go away when you are done with it.

ED, hurry up with the Pyra, I need a drop down terminal.

Back