Emulator brings x86 Linux apps to ARM devices

I can't get it to start. It does this: [cli log]

EDIT: Nevermind, I found out why.
Well, trying to run Papers, Please gives an "Error: Null Function Pointer". I suppose that means it will never work?

EDIT: Nevermind, it works now.
You should consider writing what you did to make it work, otherwise your comments are worthless to others. I guess you had to reboot in the first case, no idea for the second one.

Had no success with Audio in Skype for now.

Will try more next Days with it ;)
Any idea why audio fails ? Is it because of pulseaudio/Alsa mess?
Installing skype on exagear also installs pulseaudio as a dependency, which in turn pulls dbus, which fails to install. I guesst the right way to go is to install pulseaudio on rootfs and give exagear dbus clients access to host dbus services. Didn't try this myself though.

I can't get it to start. It does this: [cli log]

EDIT: Nevermind, I found out why.
Well, trying to run Papers, Please gives an "Error: Null Function Pointer". I suppose that means it will never work?

EDIT: Nevermind, it works now.
You should consider writing what you did to make it work, otherwise your comments are worthless to others. I guess you had to reboot in the first case, no idea for the second one.
I installed WINE. I guess it pulled in some dependencies that Papers, Please needed. Sound still doesn't work. I can't get it to work in TeamSpeak either. The sound device is there but it can't use it.

Code:
AA ts3.alsa.dummy.playbackdefault 5
ALSA lib pcm_direct.c:1118:(snd1_pcm_direct_initialize_poll_fd) unable to open timer 'hw:CLASS=3,SCLASS=0,CARD=0,DEV=0,SUBDEV=0'
ALSA lib pcm_dmix.c:1095:(snd_pcm_dmix_open) unable to initialize poll_fd
2014-12-16 09:09:58.658118|ERROR   |ALSA          |   | snd_pcm_open: Invalid argument
2014-12-16 09:09:58.664496|ERROR   |SoundBckndIntf|   | /media/2/.ts3client/soundbackends/libalsa_linux_x86.so error: ALSA
2014-12-16 09:09:58.675178|ERROR   |PlaySoundSet  |   | Error opening playback device to play test sound

Last edited by a moderator:
Had no success with Audio in Skype for now.

Will try more next Days with it ;)
Any idea why audio fails ? Is it because of pulseaudio/Alsa mess?
 Installing skype on exagear also installs pulseaudio as a dependency, which in turn pulls dbus, which fails to install. I guesst the right way to go is to install pulseaudio on rootfs and give exagear dbus clients access to host dbus services. Didn't try this myself though.
FYI, there are two ways to use a modern skype in Linux without pulseaudio:
1. Using apulse (a wrapper for skype, emulates pulseaudio API calls with ALSA).

https://github.com/i-rinat/apulse

2. Installing the last skype but then reverting the main binary to an old one and purging pulseaudio afterwards; that restores alsa support:

http://www.phoronix.com/forums/showthread.php?109493-PulseAudio-6-0-Is-Coming-amp-Other-Linux-Audio-Plans-For-The-Future&p=452574#post452574

===CUT===

For now at least.

1. Install Skype 4.3.0.37

2. Download version Skype 4.2.0.13. Here if you're running Debian

http://download.skype.com/linux/skyp....13-1_i386.deb [1]

3. Unpack the deb-file and put the skype binary in /usr/bin.

4. Restart Skype and wonder why the hell it works to login with 4.2.0.13

now.

5. Purge PulseAudio.

[1] http://download.skype.com/linux/skype-debian_4.2.0.13-1_i386.deb

===CUT===

Hope that helps.

Beware of experiments with older skype versions if you depend upon your skype account (e.g. if you use it for work). I had mine locked up this way once, and had to contact support to unlock.

I installed WINE. I guess it pulled in some dependencies that Papers, Please needed. Sound still doesn't work. I can't get it to work in TeamSpeak either. The sound device is there but it can't use it.
I assume that you've got the audio working in exagear, but not in Papers, Please. Is that so? I mean, winamp and sndrec32 should run under exagear+wine with no issues.

Sound works in WINE, I tried the Windows version of TeamSpeak, but the microphone doesn't work in the Windows version either. The speakers do though. It says something about dmix not supporting input devices.

Only on New Year Holidays buy ExaGear Desktop for $10. A good gift for geeks ;) 

Just for you, up to 10 January inclusive !!! We Wish You a Merry Christmas!

ExaGear_Desktop_ny.png

^ Thank you!, I noticed this the other day and picked up another license. I may pick up another license for another device.

I don't have the Pandora skills to get this up and running on my machine, but I bought a license anyway, it might come in handy when the Pyra gets here!

Thanks just bought only to support you and hope to find it usefull on Pyra (i have a cc pandora now).

Got a version :) . I can exchange the device running it (Pandora to Pyra), right?

Ok, so I've got my key. I'm pretty sure this was mentioned, but just to confirm, the key is only good for one install, correct?

Ok, so I've got my key. I'm pretty sure this was mentioned, but just to confirm, the key is only good for one install, correct?
I believe so, I'm not entirely sure how it's tied to which install.. I had a key that I used on my 1Ghz pandora, but could later install it on an ubuntu install that I put together myself on the Omap5 Devboard , however that same key didn't seem to transfer over when I tried installing it on aTc's official Pyra Debian OS on the devboard and I needed to buy a new license.

Maybe this Information help:

I installed exagear on my SD Cards Zaxxon and it worked fine.

Then i made a copy with DiskDump onto another SD Card and i hat to reactivate it on the same Pandora.

Just another SD and a Byte to Byte Copy.

2 Possible Things:

The Registration work over the Vendor/ID from the SD Card or it renember the exact Byte Size of the Drive its running and when the Drive have another Size it know its copied.

Hope this help a little ;)

I installed exagear on my SD Cards Zaxxon and it worked fine.

Then i made a copy with DiskDump onto another SD Card and i hat to reactivate it on the same Pandora.

Just another SD and a Byte to Byte Copy.
I had to reactivate exagear several times on the same unit using the same SD card. After 3 or 4 times, I got a message that I have used all my keys. I removed all the key files from /opt/exagear/image*/.exagear/ and I have copied back the original key I have received upon purchase. At this point I could reactivate exagear again.

Not sure what I changed in my system. Perhaps it was the kernel config, but I'm not entirely sure.

Back